Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

G'morning freinds!  Hope you all have a great weekend.  Heading out on the snow covered trail again for about 15 later on, when it warms up.  I'ts only 7 out there right now.  It's heading for 25 by mid afternoon.  Sigh, give me my beach please, Hey, I can dream, right?  I can retire in 15 years.   Hope the beaches are still there by the time I'm done.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy your run.  I had a 5K, test of no albuterol fail.  Still, attack and all, a strong effort on 95-97% humidity and mid 70s.  Can we jump to January 1?  Thank you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Yay, back to OTS in a few days.  Lucky me

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Crew_Dawg

this is way better on a smart phone

Docket_Rocket

It is way better than RWOL, IMO.  Never had an issue even though all the white is hard to swallow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Neil, hope you had a good holiday break!

Damaris, sucks about the Asthma, but you just have to deal with the hand you're dealt.  If that means using albuterol, so be it.

This site is OK, except the font is too small for my aging eyes on the iPad.  Yeah, I can pinch and zoom, but would prefer not to have to do that.  I actually went for my yearly eye exam a couple days ago.  He said I'm ready for bifocals.  At 42.  I said screw that.

Hey everyone.  Cold is much better.  Yesterday I woke up and could breath through my nose.  Still sound nasally and have some sinus pressure but I'm taking sudafed to try to help with that.  I do not want this to turn into a sinus infection.  I ran outside for a mile today, to see how my back would feel, then did two more on the elliptical.  Felt a slight twang in my back but no biggie.  Glad I didn't push it for two miles.  I went to the King Tut exhibit yesterday and that awesome!  It took everything I had not to touch things though.  I really wanted to feel the hieroglyphs under my fingers.  Since the tour is almost finished they were selling the $49 books for $12!  I got a necklace too that I love.

Heather, congrats on your weight loss!  I've lost size and some weight just by eating slower and watching my portions.

Van, that doc sounds like a dumbass.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I know.  But the fact that I don't need it most of the times is good news.  She wanted me to try to see whether I could race without.  For 5Ks, no.  Although with the humidity as we had it, I think albuterol before the race wouldn't have made a difference.

And that doctor sounds like an ass.

Hey Neil, hope you had a good holiday break!

Damaris, sucks about the Asthma, but you just have to deal with the hand you're dealt.  If that means using albuterol, so be it.

This site is OK, except the font is too small for my aging eyes on the iPad.  Yeah, I can pinch and zoom, but would prefer not to have to do that.  I actually went for my yearly eye exam a couple days ago.  He said I'm ready for bifocals.  At 42.  I said screw that.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hey, does anyone know how to give a count of the number of runs in your log in a year?  I can't seem to figure that one out.

Cheryl, glad to hear the cold is getting better. Being sick sucks.

Damaris, seems like with a 5k, your race effort (HR) is much higher, so maybe a higher chance of having an attack/needing the meds.  But for longer runs, maybe you won't need it all.

Guess I could always export the log as an XML file, then import into Excel to get a count. I was just curious of the number of individual runs that I logged this year.  I did a lot of doubles and several triples.

Docket_Rocket

In the RA log?  Go to reports and ask for Current year or something.

I think 174 would be the highest I can do without albuterol (5 miler HR was that).  Remember I mentioned in that RR that I felt I could've run faster had I used the inhaler?  Maybe anything above that needs albuterol.  I'll try next time...in a long time.

Hey, does anyone know how to give a count of the number of runs in your log in a year?  I can't seem to figure that one out.

Cheryl, glad to hear the cold is getting better. Being sick sucks.

Damaris, seems like with a 5k, your race effort (HR) is much higher, so maybe a higher chance of having an attack/needing the meds.  But for longer runs, maybe you won't need it all.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

New home for the I Meant To Post This crew.

What's up everyone?  Let the randomness begin.

So that's what that means!  Whew, what  a relief, Mike, when I saw the post title, I was gonna say how sorry I was that you are now impotent... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone.  Back from getting dh a new cell phone and switching his carrier.  It didn't take too long.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

Hey party people, just relaxing and watching some football.

<<< not impotent.  Phew.