Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Congrats Neil!!!!!!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Congrats, Neil!

Relentless forward progress

Running_Coder

Hi guys!  Neil should be home sometime Saturday afternoon for a week or so before he heads up to North Dakota.   Yay!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.

Mary, awesome news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

shit long busy day.  Wasn't terrible.  Just really really busy.  It cut into my forum time and FB damn it.

I spent all afternoon and until 7 pm reviewing 45 accounts and sending exact directions on what the therapist needed to do to fix them.  Yep that was fun and it takes a really long time to review some of these that have a bunch of note so a lot to review and fix.  Medicare on this new regulation on reporting sucks major balls.  But I'm determined that we will get the clinicians to understand how to do it right.  One account was so messed up it took me a really really long time to go through it and then send it to the therapist in a way that she could understand what she did wrong.

In the scheme of things the amount of claims we have versus what I had to check on the report really wasn't bad.  Checking a hundred isn't terrible versus the thousands we billed that were fine that weren't on the report.  So I have to remind myself of that.

Marjorie

Running_Coder

What is your title Marjorie?  Do you work in billing for a hospital or clinic?

Morning.  Time to run to top of the world.  Caio!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Mary. I'm a physical therapist. I work with nearly 200 of our outpatient centers mostly in the south east on documentation, best,  outcomes, education, best practices, policy, regulations coding for our services, among many things

This year Medicare mandated we have to report certain functional  codes on every patient at initial evaluation, again within every 10 visits and and discharge.   The way the codes have to be documented in the notes along with when to use each is not easy for therapists to do. And it has to be fully supported in their documentation. Then if the patient fits more than one category you have to pick one since you can't report on more than one at a time. There is a certain way to end reporting on one and continue reporting on another that is even worse.

Only the therapist can report the codes.  So if an assistant is seeing them on the day reporting needs to be done the therapist has to see them or the assistant has to document a certain way to make it clear that the codes were done by the therapist even if thetherapist wasn't    there that day -----they have to call them. Or the therapist has to leave clear documentation the day before the codes to use.

Just like if you went to the doc and saw the PA or the FNP but the insurance would say that is fine but oh, the doctor is the only one that can document xxxxxxx in the record. Crazy crap .

Nothing from Medicare is ever easy. We already document a ton on function but then to translate that over  to fit in just a few code sets is weird. The way they have it is not going to give them the info they want. Great they want to understand why patient. A with rotator cuff issues is different than patient B with rotator cuff issues, but this won't tell them that. Plus they are making therapists flip some of our functional scales for reporting. Kinda invalidates them but okay........then there are modifiers to attach but the range is too large as a patient could improve 20% and that be huge but it won't show because their scales on the modifiers are too large. So it would look like the patient didn't change.

Anyways I could get real technical and go into a longer explanation of all that needs to happen but I will stop. Like I said, it is very complicated.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.  OT with youngest, then I have an acupuncture appointment, lunch, then MIL is taking the kids to a movie. I may run a quick errand and get my hair trimmed!

Safe travels Neil!

Marjorie - I feel you on the coding issues. We do a huge amount of outpatient stuff on our unit since the ER tends to be afraid of pregnant people Wink  , and we end up not getting reimbursed for some of it because it either wasn't coded correctly or documented correctly. Part of that has to do with EMTALA regulations, which have been in place since the 80's, and part of it is due to Medicaid/ insurance regs. Massive headache. I know the rules are there to prevent fraud and abuse, but it does make things difficult for those of us who are honestly just so busy that mistakes sometimes get made.

Van - Have fun running up...and up...and up...and up!

Relentless forward progress

Marjorie, you no longer treat patients?

Pam, enjoy the quiet, if only briefly.

Pikes Peak is run and done.  No major carnage, despite rolling each ankle about a half dozen times.  Phew.  The thing that hurts the most is my arms and shoulders from using the trekking poles.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I haven't treated a patient in over a year. I'm just not in the center long enough.  Since most are seen several times a week I'm not around enough to be there to treat them. So they'd end up rarely seeing me and having others see them instead. While okay a little there would be consistency issues.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hello. Fuck yea, it's the weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I could never have a job dealing face to face with people.  I am not a people person.  :/

And heck to the yeah for the weekend!

Time to drink the coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up.  Wish I could get back to bed.

Damaris

Fundraising Page