Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crazy how it works.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

It's Friday night.  Zzzzz.

Docket_Rocket

It depends.  My chiro does it without pain yet I went to the SF expo and this lady made my head bleed during it.  Ugh.

Does acupuncture hurt?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I get my acupuncture done by a family practice doc who got additional training in alternative therapies.  Today, well yesterday technically, I had about 4 or 5 of the sites "zing" me when she put the needles in. The others, all I felt was the pressure of her fingers on my skin.   Two treatments done. Four more and we should know if it's going to be worth my time to keep going for fibro management.

Relentless forward progress

Ouch.

Overslept this morning, missed my group run.  Geez, my running is a train wreck lately.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Run. Check

Puppy pool. Check

Way too much yard work, Hot sweaty and dripping.  Check.

Best  shower ever.  Check

Now to fuel for tomorrow's long run

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Evening all.

Well my wife found my Daniels Running Formula book.  We are in deep clean mode of the house and found it in a room that was kinda like a storage bin.  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been off from running this week nursing the ankle back to health, gonna give it a whirl in the morning.  As cross training I have been riding instead.  First time out I took an easy ride with my wife and we went 6 miles.  My other 2 rides this week were both 30+ miles.  Makes me wonder what I could do on the bike if I wanted to since I was able to go from basically nothing to 30 mile rides in such a short time.  These were road miles on my mountain bike as well.

My bike:

Docket_Rocket

Nice bike, Doug.  Hope the ankle feels better.

I'm tired but yet awake and ready for my run.  Except for my nausea and migraine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, that sounds like a busy day!  Hope you got some rest in there somewhere.

Doug, I've found the same, can do a really long bike ride without too much trouble, well, except for a sore ass.

Damaris, that doesn't sound good.  Hope it passes quick.

For me, I don't know what's going on.  I slept for 6 extra hours on the couch yesterday, and was still tired.  Did manage a 6 mile run last night.  Slept for 8 hours last night, skipped the group run again, and am still tired, could go back to bed for another 8 hours.  And yet I don't feel sick anywhere else, just immensely tired.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Sounds like your body is screaming for rest, Van.

Feel better Damaris!

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Tried out the ankle today and bagged it with just 2 miles.  Ankle felt off and did not feel better at the 1 mile mark so I turned around and headed back to the car.  I could have pushed on it with the run/walk thing but then I would be sore next week.  As a result I have just a failed run and an okay feeling ankle.

Sucks but it was the smart thing to do.

Van, as for the sore butt syndrome, I went with an aftermarket gel seat which is WAY WAY WAY more comfortable and I find that my butt is fine after 30 miles in the saddle.  My issue is the handle bars.  I find I am putting a bit of weight on the bars as I lean forward the notch between my thumb and index finger gets tingly like when your leg falls asleep.  When that happens I will sit up more in the saddle and take weight off my hands.

I might shoot for a 50 mile ride this week late in the week.

Pam, could be.  I used to take an iron pill a couple of years ago, and that's when I was at my top speed too.

Doug, I still wonder if you don't have something more serious going on with your foot.  You rest it, and it's not getting any better.  Don't know what your insurance is like now that you're unemployeed.  But it just seems like there's something more there.

Docket_Rocket

Doug, what Van said.  And sorry!

I had a great run.  Faster than what I should've run yet it felt too easy.  Hoping my coach is taking note because I still don't know what the fuck MP to run in Chicago.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nice work D!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Insurance pretty much just went bye-bye right now.  They are offering me continued coverage but at my cost.  My cost would be $500 for just me or $1500 for the family . . . per month.

I need to rest it longer is what I think it all amounts to.  Right now since I bagged my run at just 2 miles the ankle feels decent, it doesn't feel re-injured.