Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crew_Dawg

Finally in north dakota.  Seems alright for now, but my running sucks bad.  Need to hit the running head on real soon.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I've got a damn corn between my 2nd and big toe. I think I got it mostly off. No idea why it started. But it hurt like a mother. Never had one before.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy being back home, Neil!

Marjorie, ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yet one more thing since I fixed the ligament in my hip. It started to form several weeks ago. I must have radically changed my gait.   That thing efing hurt too. My feet were soaked from my run and I had treated it so I was able to take most of it off. Doesn't hurt as much now.

Marjorie

Have never had a corn either.

Neil, maybe now that you are settled, you can get back into more of a routine.  Good luck.

Damaris, I think home for Neil is still Illinois, at least that's where his heart is. Wink

Finally was able to get back to 50 miles for the past week.  It felt good.  Still have that 50 mile trail race in a couple of weeks.  Still thinking of dropping down to the 50k.  We'll see.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

I hate 7 day work weeks.  On day 6 of 7.  Ugh.  Calgon, please take me away.

Docket_Rocket

One more day, Van!  One more day!

I have a headache, joy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.

Busy day at the office.  I'm 100% convinced this fixing my ligament on the left hip has changed my gait pattern and has caused the corn.  Since I'm not doing anything different with shoes etc.  And I'm starting to see the "new" wear pattern on my left running shoe again.  Not my normal wear that I've had for 20 years.  It started on the last pair after fixing the hip and I'm starting to see early signs of it on this pair.  I'm at 200 miles on these shoes so I have a lot of time yet on them, but can see it showing a bit that it is already going to wear like the last pair.

Marjorie

That's pretty weird that your running gait can change like that.

Nothing new here, other than day 7 of 7 is done at work.  Looking forward to my weekend, evenig it is on a Tuesday and Wednesday.  I sometimes wish I had a regular schedule, but then again, it's kind of nice in the same regard.  DD starts her senior year tomorrow, and DW starts school Wednesday.  Glad to have the house to myself again.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hershey didn't let me sleep last night, the nerve.

Van, enjoy the weekend!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Still job searching here.  But momma will be starting a part time job soon so that will help with expenses as i keep looking.  Found out the company our niece works for is looking to hire some engineers so I sent my resume over to them.  We shall see where this goes.  Been laid off for a month now, this sucks.

DD is down in Georgia visiting grandma and grandpa so we will head to southern Kentucky to meet them 1/2 way on Thursday to pick her up.  I am glad we have been able to keep her summer going despite things.  Really hate having to tell my kids we cannot afford stuff.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey Damaris, any more thoughts about the 2014in2014 game?

Docket_Rocket

I don't mind taking over but I wouldn't run it primarily in RWOL.  Maybe a hybrid of both places or FB?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Data collection is the pain part.  I think Eric can integrate data collection with the training log here but if they are on IR and don't post miles then getting it to know not to count them as a non-poster will be the issue.