Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Good news Marjorie.

Damaris, I like the new do.  And it looks like you've lost weight.

Pam, are you doing any races this fall?  Seems like with your fibro, that you're not running right now.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

I mentioned my running milestone to my wife tonight, and she didn't even acknowledge it. It completely went over her head.   We've had more than one fight over the years about my running.  Oh well.

Docket_Rocket

I have actually gained weight but look thinner.  Go figure that one out.  Thanks!

Good news Marjorie.

Damaris, I like the new do.  And it looks like you've lost weight.

Pam, are you doing any races this fall?  Seems like with your fibro, that you're not running right now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

G'morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 11 miles so I feel much better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Damaris - Glad you're feeling better!

Van - I had been shooting for the 6 hr event at the Equalizer at the end of October. My fibro is better than it was when I was diagnosed, but i have to be very careful how I spend my energy or I really pay for it. So, between the fibro and assorted life stuff going on right now, racing this year may be a pipe dream.  I may still go to Des Moines to crew. I haven't decided yet. I'm still trying to wog when I can. Hopefully I can make more time for formal training starting Monday when both kids are in school full time and I'll have almost 8 uninterrupted hours every day to both exercise AND get stuff done.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear you might not do the race, LD.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damn Garmin is not fixed. It still works but how long until another file corrupts?  Still haven't heard back from Garmin. But, I ordered a new one. It will be here tomorrow. I'm sure Garmin will fix this one as it is under warranty. I'll just give it to dh as his 205 is getting old.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Which one did you order, Marjorie?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Another 210. I like the 110 (which is now the 210). My 110 is old. I got the 210 to replace the 110. 110 still works.

I just don't want a big watch or need that much info. The 210 gives me what I need.

Now if Garmin will stop being idiots. Their email to me was do you reset it when done running.  Um........ Stupid. Did you read all that I typed and what it is doing?  Obviously not. I may have to call. I told them I've reset. I've done soft resets. I've done hard reset. I have done a master reset. I have turned it off after a run. It is not charging right and the bigger issue I told them the error code when it comes off the charger and that i have to force it to turn off once it comes off the charger or if it has been sitting not used overnight as none of the buttons respond otherwise. blah blah blah. I was very specific and very detailed with every single thing it is doing. They obviously didn't read it all.

It works, but how long until it stops?  It is not normal to do what it is doing.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I like calling better.  They usually can help better that way.

I ordered some Pro Compression socks on the 9th and I still have not gotten them.  Me thinks the postman delivered them somewhere they shouldn't.  I usually get them within 2 days.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Afternoon all.

Well the ankle is feeling better but I am debating on running on it at all right now.  I am leaning towards resting it another week and giving it a try next weekend.

Yesterday was a friggin long day.  We went to southern Kentucky again to meet my folks to get Anna back from her vacation with them.  Another 700+ mile day of driving.

I am signed up for another hiring conference up in Chicago for early September.  Spoke with a different recruiter yesterday for a position in the Cleveland area.  Hoping something comes around.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Doug.  You deserve a break!  Are you still planning on doing Chicago?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

effin class that I had to write and put together all the slides etc on stuff I knew little about is done.  They better not want a lot of changes and the state of Florida better approve the damn thing.  I hate being rushed to do this stuff but they needed it fairly fast.  Researching stuff I have no interest in was painful, but it is done and I wanted to get it done by end of today since I'm in Tampa all next week and won't have much time to do it.

Marjorie