Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

But a necessary evil.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Well I took DD to the beach (Lake Michigan) yesterday as a last trip of summer vacation.  She starts 7th grade today.

While I was there I took advantage of the nice soft sand and tried some beach running to test out the ankle and it felt decent.  Did a bunch of water running as well in the lake at about waist to chest depth and that felt pretty good as well.  Left my phone in the car while at the beach and came back to a bunch of voice mails, 2 of which were potential job interviews.  Called back to talk with the recruiters and now I am waiting to here on phone interview schedules.

Can't remember if I mentioned this or not but there is also a local company interested in my resume that I need to turn in a job app to on Friday.  I sent them my resume and they wanted me to come turn in the application.

animated gif

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good news on all fronts, Doug!  Crossing my fingers for you!

At least you've got some prospects.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi guys.

I ran today nice out and back with a few off shoots since the sidewalk ended and I needed another mile.

Marjorie

Glad you got your run and Marjorie.

I feel bad for my wife, I'm in South Dakota, and our teo exchange students hardly speak any English. Plus, my daughter has to work tonight so no translator.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

Morning all!

Well I took DD to the beach (Lake Michigan) yesterday as a last trip of summer vacation.  She starts 7th grade today.

While I was there I took advantage of the nice soft sand and tried some beach running to test out the ankle and it felt decent.  Did a bunch of water running as well in the lake at about waist to chest depth and that felt pretty good as well.  Left my phone in the car while at the beach and came back to a bunch of voice mails, 2 of which were potential job interviews.  Called back to talk with the recruiters and now I am waiting to here on phone interview schedules.

Can't remember if I mentioned this or not but there is also a local company interested in my resume that I need to turn in a job app to on Friday.  I sent them my resume and they wanted me to come turn in the application.

animated gif

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The heat index is still at 100F and dewpoint at 77DP.  Fuck this shit, not even I want to run in that at 6pm!!!!!!!

I AM TIRED OF THIS FUCKING SUMMER.

Thank you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And hello!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yaaawn. Uff da.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Two more trainings to go.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Just got back from . . . . . . . . . . . RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 miles in 39:14 around the neighborhood. Short walk at 1.6 miles, ran / jogged the rest. Last half mile was sub 9:00 pace with the last 1/8th near an 8:00 pace.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Woohoo Doug!!!

Damaris, I agree.  Ready for summer to be over.