Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Hey guys!  Thanks for the welcome!  I just couldn't take it any more when the spam hit again today.

A week of irregular sleep and way too much fat and sugar really took their toll on my running, but I'm fighting my way back...

Relentless forward progress

Pam, I think we're all trying to hit the reset button.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Hi all, I actually had a fairly good day back to training.  I think things will be getting better, I should find out next week sometime where I go from here officially.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Yay Neil!

Well, I'm officially in for the 48 hour race.   Time to get busy.  I've got some miles to log   Next week though.

Docket_Rocket

Sounds great, Neil.

LD, we're glad you're here!

The allergy shot now covers my arm from side to side.  This is the worse reaction I've had.  It's now bigger than a pie.  Seriously.  I hope I can run the rest of the week.  Today's run was bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Awesome, Van!  You're my inspiration.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, this happened after you left the doc?  I know around here, they make you wait 30 minutes to see if you react.  Hope it gets better.

Docket_Rocket

I did.  My reactions always come 1-2 hours later.  They know that.  Which is why I have pictures for next week.  I wouldn't be surprised if they downgrade me 2-3 levels.  Two levels down was the one I was doing during Berlin, ugh.

I know I'm doing the higher doses now but it gets frustrating.  This is the biggest reaction ever, but the day of the Madonna concert I had a big one too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Guess what?!  Guess what?! Guess what?!  My mom is going to pay for me to register for the Seattle Marathon this year.  Yep, I'm committing to a full marathon!  It's not until Dec. 1st so I have more than enough time to prepare.

Damaris, is there no way to keep a semi regular schedule of shots?  They had me on a schedule. I could go in anytime, any day, but not within so many days or outside of so many days.  If I waited too long I would either have to repeat the last dose or go back a dose.  It was definitely easier when I was built up enough to only need to come in once a week.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  I try to go once a week but it could be a Monday or a Friday and I won't know until the day before.  I've only repeated a dose when I was in Berlin or when I got sick (twice).  Still, most of the time I have to repeat because my reactions are too big.  She did say my allergy is above the chart.  They almost caused me an asthma attack the first time I went there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And that is because of me, not them.  I cannot get off on day X because I have court, or day Y the meeting went longer than I wanted and they would be close by the time I drive there.  The fact that she is at least 30 minutes away from my office does not help.  She is almost an hour away from house.  Yeah, Miami is that big.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Damaris - That sucks about the allergy shots.

Kids start back to school and preschool today. I need to run a couple errands this afternoon, and then I need to get after the disaster in youngest's room. I can't even walk in there!

Go Cheryl!  Good luck!

Damaris, does Benedryl help at all once you react?

Pam, hope your son is doing ok, I'm sure a routine helps.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - He does do better with a predictable routine, but the break wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be.  He did okay with traveling to and from both my adoptive and bio families. New Year's Eve and day were the worst, mainly because he refused to take his Focalin both days, so the impulsivity and hyperactivity were completely unleashed. The main problem with his room now is that it was messy before Christmas, and them he just threw all his new toys/books/puzzles in there haphazardly. I'm going to move his train sets to the family room downstairs, and then when I rearrange/put away the rest, there should be room for everything.

Docket_Rocket

Nothing is helping right now.  I have Zyrtec and a cream at the same time and it's still itching.  Fortunately, it's receding somewhat but I'm sure I'll still have the bite until the weekend.  It looks like I was bitten by a pterodactyl, LOL.

Go Cheryl!  Good luck!

Damaris, does Benedryl help at all once you react?

Pam, hope your son is doing ok, I'm sure a routine helps.

Damaris

Fundraising Page