Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Pam, that sounds like good news!

Went for a run this afternoon, had a pretty major sugar crash.  Haven't had one of those in a long time.  Oh well.  Off for wings and beer tp console myself.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Van, how do you know when a sugar crash happens?

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Neil, I break out into a cold sweat.  I see spots in my eyes.  I become disoriented.  And I go from hero to zero in about 1/16 of a mile.  In the worst case sceanrio, I faint (happened a few years ago at the gym).  It's reactive hypoglycemia.  Exercise induces it, and my body rapidly depletes all the sugar in my blood stream with an insulin spike.  I've never been able to find out the exact trigger.  It used to happen a few days after a race.  And when it happens, it's usually 1/2 to 1 1 1/2 miles into the run, so I'm usually a ways from home. It pretty much ruins the run, but if I stop for awhile and let my sugars return to normal, then it's OK a few minutes later.  Sorry for the novel there, but that's the full story.

Crew_Dawg

I'm glad you wrote that because its good information

Docket_Rocket

Hope you feel better, Van!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Feeling much better.

Anyone superstitious?  It's Friday the 13th.

Crew_Dawg

Nah, full moon isn't out Big grin

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

You're asking a nurse?  We're the most superstitious bunch around!  I start a three night stretch tonight as charge. God help us...

Relentless forward progress

So which is worse Pam, Friday the 13th, or a full moon?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well DW is changing jobs this weekend.

When I got laid off we both went back into the job market to find work and she was successful first but at not that great of a pay rate.  She starts Monday at a different job that pays more and offers insurance as well.  Still not great pay but it helps keep a roof over us and food on the table

She was laughing at me this morning because she just got paid.  Her words, "I worked my ass off last week and you sat at home looking for work collecting unemployment and STILL made more money than me!  JUST NOT FAIR!"

Indiana unemployment is low, I get the max which is $390 a week and after taxes its $351 a week.

Hoping something comes my way soon.

Docket_Rocket

Nah, not superstitious.  Although if some running clothes or shoes are part of a bad run or race, I won't use them for a race ever again.

Doug, hope you guys find something soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good for your wife Doug.  It's a team effort.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

So which is worse Pam, Friday the 13th, or a full moon?

Usually full moon, but all bets are off if the full moon coincides with a Friday the 13th. Ack!

Relentless forward progress