Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like improvement.  But ugh.

Van - He does do better with a predictable routine, but the break wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be.  He did okay with traveling to and from both my adoptive and bio families. New Year's Eve and day were the worst, mainly because he refused to take his Focalin both days, so the impulsivity and hyperactivity were completely unleashed. The main problem with his room now is that it was messy before Christmas, and them he just threw all his new toys/books/puzzles in there haphazardly. I'm going to move his train sets to the family room downstairs, and then when I rearrange/put away the rest, there should be room for everything.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Hi everyone!

I took a bit of a forum break over the holidays.  Hope you all had a nice time with friends and family.

I see Pam is here!  Woot!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Late morning everyone!  Today has been productively unproductive.  A lot done this morning but nothing really to show for it yet.

Damaris, the marathon is Veterans Marathon.  Last year it had 273 finishers and only 11 DNFs.  3:52 or faster would get you a top 100 last year.

Docket_Rocket

Nice.  Good luck!

Late morning everyone!  Today has been productively unproductive.  A lot done this morning but nothing really to show for it yet.

Damaris, the marathon is Veterans Marathon.  Last year it had 273 finishers and only 11 DNFs.  3:52 or faster would get you a top 100 last year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Well, I didn't get his whole room done, but at least you can now walk from the door to the closet, chest of drawers, and bed without stepping on toys, nooks, or clothes.  Whew!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

I ran and it was fast and breathable!  Woot!

LD, great job!  When you're done, please start with my house.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Yo Crew!  Feels like old times almost!

Mike, nice to see you, hope you had a nice holiday.

Pam, well, you at least got something done.

Doug, yo!

Damaris, nice run.

I'm on a 4 day weekend now.  We are heading out of town tomorrow for a Bed and Breakfast weekend.  I'm looking forward to a little bit of relaxation.  Feeling better today, good enough to enjoy a beer, so at least it's not the flu.  Be well everyone.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Have a fun vacay, Van!

Damaris  - After I finish E's room, I need to tackle the family room and oldest's room downstairs. Again, the new stuff just got thrown wherever, so homes need to be found. I want to walk on carpet, not Legos!

Sweet deal on the marathon, Doug!

Hi to all!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I want to walk on carpet, not Legos!

Come on now!  There is nothing more satisfying than stepping on 1 of those GDMFing lego pieces half asleep in bare feet at 4AM as you are trying to get up for work.

It is an expression of love from every child to their parent about how much they care and appreciate them.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Lol, Doug. But yeah. Ouch!

Wandering Wally

Stepping on Legos, Barbie accessories, Polly Pocket parts, Littlest Pet Shop pieces, and other sundry tiny items is definitely not fun.

Work is starting to ramp up.  Yay!  I think tax season will be fun now that I own the joint.

What's everyone planning for the weekend?  My wife is doing continuing ed for swim instructors at our Y so it's just me and the daughters this weekend.  Not sure what we'll do yet.  Something fun I am sure.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Getting ready for a three night stretch at work. My attempt at napping this afternooeat as an epic fail. I see massive amounts of coffee in my future.

Vacation ruined.  In a car accident, car not drive able.  We are ok but stuck 400 miles away from home without a vehicle.  Hope to get a rental car tomorrow and then have to deal with insurance to see about fixing the car.   Ugh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!  I'm glad you guys are OK.  Wow.  Hope everything works itself out.

Vacation ruined.  In a car accident, car not drive able.  We are ok but stuck 400 miles away from home without a vehicle.  Hope to get a rental car tomorrow and then have to deal with insurance to see about fixing the car.   Ugh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page