IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Morning all!

Nice paraphrase Pam.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Coffee, beer, and bourbon whiskey, Mike.

All are nectar's from God.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, it won't be wasted time.  You'll be in trial eventually, so better be prepared for a midnight deal.  But I doubt it.  I'm excepted, so I hae to work no matter what.

Neil, one step forward, one step back.  You'll be back out there eventually.

Yes, I'll be on trial eventually (a month from now) but prepping now means you have to prep again because you'll forget the details.

Well, opposing counsel would not agree to move the trial because he wants to win and with us not there, he thinks he will.  He does not know how our judges work.  Too bad I might not be there for the tongue lashing the judge will give him.

I am not excepted, but I have to go in for a few hours.  Even excepted you won't get paid until much later, no?  I know our 3 that are working will not.  Good thing we got paid today.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So my groin is still bugging me, even moreso today than yesterday.  It loosened up during the right, but then really tightened up today.  Ugh.  Oh well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Government shutdown.  Bah.  Stupidity at its finest.  And there goes what little surge in the economy that had happened in the last several months.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Congress sucks.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Been at the office shutting down.  If only my boss would get his shit together and let us attorneys go. We are not getting paid, why the fuck are we still here if we are done with our shutdown duties???

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

That sucks, Damaris.

Meanwhile, I sent the kids to school in shorts, tshirts, and light jackets this am, and on Friday night/Saturday morning, we could get snow. Quit pushing buttons, Van!  We are supposed to have at least a little fall between summer and winter!!

Relentless forward progress

Pam, I know nothing!

Damaris, start opening drinks in your office and see how fast he lets you go.  Ha.

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.  I am out.  Having a nice lunch at least.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Its been a fuckitall morning.  SOOOOOOOO unmotivated today.  Awesome weatehr so I should have taken off to run but instead I drank coffee and crushed candy.

Time for a shower and then some house work.  FUCK I hope something breaks open soon for me.

Docket_Rocket

Have you hear from the place at all ,Doug?

Imagine this: You have a trial but since the government is about to shut down, you ask opposing counsel if you can move the trial.  He says no because he wants to win by default when you don't show up and he also comments that you will get paid by Congress later (which I have no idea what that has to do with anything).  Your government shuts down and you file an emergency motion to continue the trial because you are prohibited by law from working when there is a shutdown.  Your opposing counsel objects because you can still go and do the trial without getting paid because Congress will pay you later.  Maybe he missed the part about the law prohibiting you from attending and making it a crime?  I am awaiting the order telling the attorney to fuck off and continuing my trial.  What a loser.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, wouldn't the judge be furloughed too?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Have you hear from the place at all ,Doug?

The place in Indy?  Nope, not yet.  They were not expecting an answer from all the interviews until some time this week.  They are supposed to let me know by this Friday.

And yeah the lawyer you are up against sounds like a douche bag.

And speaking of douche bags, the DBs down the street from us.  They parked a POS Van in their backyard and tried to hide it behind their shed so people could not see it.  Well you can see it from the next street over.  Sheriff was just on our street and I saw him walk around the side of our house.  Went out to see what was up and he said he was trying to find that van.  Without hesitation I told him, green house 2 doors down and the van has been their for several months now.  His response, it will be gone in 72 hours or less.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, wouldn't the judge be furloughed too?

They have funding for 10 days.  The order was just entered.  He used my order.  I wish he had included a middle finger stamp or something, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The place in Indy?  Nope, not yet.  They were not expecting an answer from all the interviews until some time this week.  They are supposed to let me know by this Friday.

And yeah the lawyer you are up against sounds like a douche bag.

And speaking of douche bags, the DBs down the street from us.  They parked a POS Van in their backyard and tried to hide it behind their shed so people could not see it.  Well you can see it from the next street over.  Sheriff was just on our street and I saw him walk around the side of our house.  Went out to see what was up and he said he was trying to find that van.  Without hesitation I told him, green house 2 doors down and the van has been their for several months now.  His response, it will be gone in 72 hours or less.

Oops.  I assume having a van it's prohibited?  In here you cannot have a commercial vehicle or boats stay inside.  People bring their boats during the weekend for cleaning and if you work on your own and have a van, I think you can ask for an exception but most of the time, we are free of those gigantic vehicles being parked around here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page