Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crew_Dawg

So since I have been forced to walk mostly instead of running I have noticed my weight being easier to manage.  I am still stuck at 231 which is -10 lbs, but I might incorporate more walking through the week when my foot is 100%

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Neil, I think with walking your heart rate is lower, so you're burning a little bit more fat.  When running, your heart rate is higher, and you're burning more glycogen instead of fat.  So walk!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Morning.  Time to go to work for free.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning, pleas pass the double espresso.  Think I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night and it wasn't a restful sleep.

More drama last night from you know who.  It is a very good thing we were not around her last night as she would have been bruised and bloody.

Anna blocked her from her FB feed so she got on my son's account and stirred up more crap.  Anna sent her a text about blocking her and she responded by calling my daughter a stupid little bitch.  At this point we were ballistic and called both of their cell phones asking them to call.  No answer.  We had asked her to call before Anna got the text.  After we got the text, I called the in-laws to let them know what was going on and it turns up that they were over there visiting.  I asked to talk with her and she hung up the phone on us.  At that point Aaron knew she hung up on me and was not happy.  It was time for them to head home and she left out ahead of Aaron to the car.  Aaron came back in to say goodbye to his grandparents and grandma let him know that she called his sister a little bitch and to stop letting her drive a wedge in the family.  She was supposed to call us last night when they got back to their place but its been crickets.

I was livid mad as hell.  Until we calm down over this whole bullshit I think an encounter will send her to the hospital and possibly us to a jail for assault.  But it would be worth it.

Docket_Rocket

Who da duck is this bitch to do that?  Or who does she think she is?

a crazy man in one of our cases is accusing me and my boss if being in cahoots with the trustee and judge in the case he is screwing up.  Yeah, it is called the bankruptcy code and we all have to follow it, idiot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Doug, sounds like an intervention to the Looney bin is needed.

Wandering Wally

Hello all.

Doug - That's some crazy drama.  Hope you can get a handle on it.

Damaris - The IRS is accepting and processing tax returns, but not issuing refunds.  Automated letters are still going out but there may not be anyone available to answer the phone when we call and ask about it.  Any in-person appointments have been cancelled and will be rescheduled.  Web services may sporadically not be available.  Tax returns and payments are still due on their original due dates (except for people affected by the floods in Colorado who are getting extra time).

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Wandering Wally

Neil - The walking is at an aerobic effort level which is better for you.  Might as well call it low heart rate workouts and keep at it while your body heals.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Fried chicken is good during taper?  Yes?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

To echo what Van and Mike are saying.  When we run/jog/walk we burn glycogen and fat for energy.  The faster the pace the more glycogen is burned for energy.  Its part of the longer slower running we do as runners.  The long slower distance teaches the body to burn more fat for energy than glycogen.  Part of the reason we blow up when pushing too hard.

With your walking Neil, you are burning far more fat for energy than glycogen.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Fried chicken is good during taper?  Yes?

I had bacon and eggs today for brunch.  If that works then your fried chicken works but find some carbs in there as well.  I will likely have some toast late afternoon so I can try to get a run in tonight during taekwondo practice.

Wandering Wally

Damaris - Fried chicken is good anytime.  With mashed potatoes (homemade) and gravy from the cast iron pan the chicken was fried in.

Run!  Just Run!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dad and wife are here

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I declare tonight to be a bourbon night. . . . again.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Wrapped up the workshop today. Very worthwhile.  Grocery run, accupuncture, and OT for youngest tomorrow.

Relentless forward progress