Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I would still plan for rain though but at least we should not have to plan for icy roads on the course.

Docket_Rocket

Are you staying in the city?  If so, where?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  I'm glad we bought half a pig this year.  We can get through the winter on pork and venison.

Neil - Sounds like a submarine.  Except you're underground and don't move.

Damaris - The herds in western South Dakota are massive.  Building a barn (or barns) big enough to hold them and process all of that manure would be impractical.  Cattle are just eating, mooing, poop machines.  They are meant to be outside and can usually handle it just fine.  Even the dairy herds around here usually only come inside to milk and spend the rest of the day outside.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Are you staying in the city?  If so, where?

I live an hour away fro Chicago roughly, about 50-55 miles door to the start corral.  Sunday morning I need to be at the OE building by 4AM to catch the carter bus up so while its early I can nap on the way up.  We drop and then walk over to charity village and set up base.  Private gear check is nice in this aspect, I can take a change of clothes and some wipes to clean up with plus they offer free massages and some after race food.

I don't have to pay for the travel or parking that way.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Docket_Rocket

I'll let you know where I will be in case we can meet closer to the corrals.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug and Damaris - Sounds like conditions should be good for you on Sunday. I'll think of you as I get off work and come home to sleep during my 3 night stretch.  Have a great marathon!

Van - The last couple news stories I've seen about the cattle seem to have singled out two main factors in the large die off. First, there were probably some younger animals who did succumb to hypothermia. Second, and possibly the largest factor, was that the ground had not even begun to freeze, so those 12 hours of rain basically turned the ground to mud so deep and soupy in some areas that many cattle became stuck where they stood and couldn't get free. The heavy wet snow then piled on top of the cattle, pushing them further down in the mud. The head honcho state veterinarian then said that the cattle would have been crushed by the weight of the snow, or drowned/suffocated in the mud and slush.   So basically, had this weather event been one month later and the ground was hardened, the losses would have been much less.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My computer came back today. About time. Only a few things aren't loaded. Better when I got this one the first time. Maybe because I was pretty insistent he send it with my stuff on. So at least printer was on, most my programs.  My documents are there but I can't access my personal folders from email yet.

Marjorie

Marjorie, one step forward I guess.

So I took a rest day on Thursday, thinking it was Friday.  Doh.  Wasted running day!!  Can't believe I did that.  Oh well.   Back on the night shift now for the next 4 days.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Hello all!  Got the coffee going.  Might be a 2nd pot kind of day.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. We'll be on nights together Van!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sweet, Doug!

Not going in to work tonight. Flare in progress. Catch ya later.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My personal files are still held hostage. He will try again Monday. At least I have my computer

Marjorie