Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

At least you finished, Doug.  I DNFd.

Psoas and hip flexor are seriously sore ever since Thursday and today they rised up in force.  I couldn't run in pain so I was not going to finish.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!  Got a nice 10 miler in this morning and a great nap this afternoon.  Stayed up too late listening to my Tigers win last night.

Doug & Damaris - Sorry your races didn't go as planned.  You live to run another day though.  Hope the next one is better.

Van - You are probably hard at work by now.  I'm glad there are conscientious people like you on the night watch to keep us safe.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Doug, I mentioned this on FB, but considering that you basically didn't run at all during the summer, a finish is good.

Damaris, oh know, sorry to hear that.  Hope it's nothing serious.  Hope you had a nice weekend with Mr. Rocket otherwise.

Mike,  sounds like a good weekend for you!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sorry to hear that Damaris.  I was looking for you at the corral entrance since D and E were next to each other.  I left out to head over to D about 7AM.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug and Damaris - So sorry to hear about your painful races.  i definitely thought of you both this morning, but I must not have sent enough good mojo your way.

Relentless forward progress

Good morning.  Rain here today.  And last night shift for me.  Have a good day folks.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

From Chicago.  Yep the pics are coming up on marathonfoto.com

This is coming out of China Town so it was roughly at mile marker 21.5.  Just short of the 21.8 (35k) mat is when the leg went gimp.  Left leg, my hamstring and quad both decided to charlie horse on me.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I never knew the legs were starting to get chiseled like that.

Docket_Rocket

The pics are out already?  I'll look for some.

By 7am I was still coming into Congress Ave.  with RVD and met workinprogress.  We should have a picture together.

I am OK with my decision.  The psoas is not injured (or at least I don't think so) but mostly because I stopped.  I'll try a run tomorrow to see if it still hurts.  If so, I'll take a few more days off.  I've suffered from this before but never bothered me while running.

It was weird.  By Mile 2, I was struggling.  I felt sore and my legs were dead and I couldn't even hit easy pace.  The effort was too much, so at Mile 8, I called hubby and realized there were no metro stations nearby so continued on until Mile 11.  I wasn't even having fun worried about my leg more than what was going around me.  I could've walked to the finish but frankly, I've done slow marathons but never in pain and I promised myself I never would.

Doug, I think that with your lack of training, you did great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Morning all!

Went for a walk yesterday in my Saucony Peregrine trail shoes.  Found out why I don't really like them.  They totally fit me wrong.  They will be going in the Goodwill box.

Doug - I've been enjoying the pics.

Damaris - Always to good to err on the side of caution when dealing with a potential injury.  Hope you are healthy and nothing serious is going on.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I really need to stop having the thought: "What ELSE could happen?" while at work. I think pregnant people can read minds and are taking it as a personal challenge.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

^^ giggle giggle ^^

Sounds like a rough night Pam.

G'morning peeps.  We got 0.81 of rain yesterday.  And now 30 to 50 mph winds today.  Blech.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sounds like a rough night Pam.

Actually, it was busy but manageable until about 0610. Then day shift couldn't get there fast enough as far as I was concerned!

Gonna try to get to the gym for a walk today.