Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I also love cheesecake.

Damaris - I had a bit of a dry, nagging cough Tuesday evening. Woke up yesterday and the cough was much worse, along with a headache and sore throat. Today I woke up and feel like I was hit by a car. Fever of 100.8 and everything hurts. I got in with my doc's job share partner this afternoon. I'm not looking forward to being tested for influenza, but I think I should be. I took care of a patient for not even an hour Sunday evening who had the same symptoms, and apparently, she infected me. I've taken way too much sick time in the last 12 months as it is. Argh!!!

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  Influenza has been running rampant through our house since Christmas.  So far I am the only one not to have gotten it.  I hope I can continue to avoid it.

Van - Just read about your car.  Yuck.  Sorry to hear.  Glad you all are OK though.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

WHO ARE YOU?    That made me lol

I've never met another person that doesn't like cheesecake because every time the subject comes up I get the same reaction. I know they are out there, I've just never met them.  I have met a few people that do not like donuts though.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Cheesecake.  Good!

Flu.  Bad. Mike, I'd be on pins nod needles waiting for it to hIt.

Pam, feel better.

My cold has moved into my chest.   I want to run, but will rest.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

The news tonight said that the flu virus can live up to two hours on a door handle.  Sounds a little crazy to me but what do I know about it.

Mjsmith - I hope your family gets feeling better soon.  I also hope you don't get it.  I know thats probably hard with everyone living in the same house but you might get lucky.

Van - Rest sounds like a good plan.

I need a magic wand to wave to make all you guys feel better.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Well, the doc was shocked, but my influenza test came back negative for both type a and b.   Diagnosis : a "flu-like" viral illness. I just have to let it run its course.

Pam, I'm glad you don't have the flu.

Nightcrawler, is your leg better today?

I'm a horrible patient.  I went to the gym, and decided to try a test run.  6 miles with no coughing, and it felt good, so I rolled with it.

Sorry you're feeling crummy, LD.  I know how you feel.  I'm just starting to feel normal.  The doctor is calling it the flu but she didn't test so who knows.  All I know is that it kicked my ass and I've been home and miserable all week.  It's really running rampant this year.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sorry you're feeling crummy, LD.  I know how you feel.  I'm just starting to feel normal.  The doctor is calling it the flu but she didn't test so who knows.  All I know is that it kicked my ass and I've been home and miserable all week.  It's really running rampant this year.

Thanks. I still haven't decided if I should call in sick for tonight or not. If I had a fever, it'd be a no brainer, but I haven't run a fever for 24 hours now. Still coughing with a sore throat and headache, though. I slept on the couch last night so I wouldn't keep DH awake with my coughing.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.  TGIF!!!!!

Looking forward to my 2 days off this weekend.  They are trying to get me in for Saturday but I don't friggin want to come in.

My desk has imploded this week and I need to clean it up but I just don't have the time to do more than a paper reshuffle right now.

Just passing through...

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Oops!  Double post.  It showed on my phone it didn't go through.  Not sure how to delete this one.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Van -  My leg is much better.  It just took a little bit of pampering and a rest day.  I wish everything could be so easy.

Sunny and 66 degrees and I'm stuck inside for a few more hours.   It' supposed to get to 72.   But the good news is it's Friday.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.   Smile

Nightcrawler, that's certainly good news!

My cold seems to be better today.  Hopefully the worst has passed.

So my wife had been saying for the last week that she was going to get a part time job as a bartender.  I thought she was joking.  Really.  And sure enough, today she starts her part time job, as a bartender!!  Her sister manages a hotel here in Omaha and needs some help in the bar, so my wife is going to grab some hours.  :floored: