Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - I just told DH the other day that the best part of being married is still finding out new things about each other.  Smile

In other news, I may not have a positive influenza test, but my body thinks otherwise.  I came home from work not feeling well at 0200 and woke up feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I have called in sick for work tonight. Ugh. Moan. Groan.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van - as long as she doesn't come home floored then its all good.

Had a nice 12.2 mile run today.  January and I was running in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  This weather is crazy, its over 50*F here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yo everyone  Congrats on the half being done for today D

Marjorie

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Van - Get worried if she starts telling you stories about how she was dancing on the bar.

Venomized - I'm loving this January weather, great running weather.  Anytime I can run in shorts/tshirts I'm happy.  Smile

Marjorie - Yo back!

Don't believe everything you think. 

Doug, Nightcrawler, Jealous of all the warm weather... My run was a feels-like temp in the single digits today. It wasn't that bad.

Pam, it just has to run its course.  You'll feel better, eventually.

Damaris, soak those legs, and get ready for tomorrow.

Marjorie, glad to see you again.

The cool thing about my wife's new job, I can be the guy that sits at the end bar, flirts with the bartender, gets free drinks,  and gets to go home and sleep with her... #winning.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

My brother is going on a 7 day cruise to Mexico, Belize, and Honduras, leaving tomorrow.  I have to say that yes, I'm very jealous.  It's not a good color on me, but I'm sure he's going to have a blast!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Did you ask him if he could make room in his luggage to fit you in?  Ask nicely, I'm sure he will say yes.   Wink

Seriously though, I've been to a lot of places but not those three.  As you said, I'm sure he will have a great time. Tell him to take lots of pictutes/videos for you so you feel like you went. Lol

Alas, I'd love to sneak on as a piece of carry on luggage. That might be a little cramped though, Smile  He always takes a ton of pictures though, so it's almost like being there, but without having to pay for it.

I am so tired tonight.  Looking forward to sleep time in a couple of hours.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey guys  Heading for my long run.  Later than I wanted to leave but that is okay.  i would so love to go run the paved trail but can't.  Some girl was raped there at 130 in the afternoon a few days ago.  She was running and some guy on a bike ran into her and forced her into the woods.  That trail is nice too.  Nice area lots of people use it and it is near / connected to many nice neighborhoods.  I've done it probably a half dozen times.  Nice change of pace and is about 10 miles from here so I'd have to drive to it.  But they haven't caught the guy.  Even with my mace I just won't go there by myself right now.  I have a ton of routes here close to home so I'll stick here

Marjorie

Marjorie, that's scary.  Stay safe.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Scary indeed.

Kinda surpised it happened if the place was as well traveled as you said, maybe it was just a random act and not a serial rapist in the making.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - imagine that!  Picking up the bartender and your wife doesn't mind!  Ha!

Marjorie - Very scary. I know there are some parts of town I won't run in at certain times of day, and others where I wouldn't run by myself no matter what time of day or night.

Relentless forward progress

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Marjorie - Smart choice on staying away from there. That's terrible something so tragic happened especially that close to your house. Be very cautious of your surroundings. You can never be to safe.

On this fine Sunday I have a few errands to run then a movie to finish watching (I fell asleep watching it last night). I'm just going to relax and enjoy the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Marjorie, even scarier that they haven't caught the guy.

Nightcrawler, those are the best kind of days, a relax and enjoy type of day!

I ran at the gym.  Just couldn't take the negative wind chills, even though it was sunny, I just didn't want to put up with the cold. And I only did half of what I really should have done.  Oh well.  Going to rejuggle this week's mileage anyhow, and do back to back long runs on Tue/Wed on my off days from work.

Hiya crew.  First day back to work.  Still sound sick but feeling like I'm over it for the most part.  It was starting to feel like it would never get better.  Breathing is still not where it should be but hopefully I'll be fully recovered in another week or so.  So far almost 3 weeks total from when all this first began.  Not allowed to run until the cough is gone and I'm breathing well.  In the mean time I had to promise to use my albuterol inhaler at least 3 times a day.  I don't like that very much but it does seem to be helping.  What do you know, the doc know what's she talking about, lol.  Leaving early to go grocery shopping then home to make dinner.  Lasagna tonight.

I may be slow but I never quit.