Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I've updated my forum picture (whatever it's called...the picture to the left) last night but it still doesn't show on my end but all my stuff that I just updated in my profile does show up. I've logged in and logged out a few times. I guess you guys will just have to keep talking to Little Mermaid.  I tried.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Docket_Rocket

We can see it.  You're wearing sunglasses and a red top, no?  Otherwise, I'm psychic or I see dead people.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yep, we see it... You're probably still loading a cached version.

8 hour work days instead of 10 are cool.  Enjoy.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Okay cool. Thanks for letting me know guys. I was starting to get frustrated.

Damaris - Sorry, you're not psychic and you don't see dead people (At least I think I'm alive, I feel alive).   Lol

Van -  I'm on my phone so I'm using the stock browser (it's the only one I have) and I'm not sure how to clear my cache but its no biggie as long as you guys can see it. I know what I look like.  lol   I'll check it on my computer at home just because now I'm curious.

Happy to be running

Buakaw por Pramuk

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

Huh?

Ok, rant on.  Some people are assholes.  Pure and simple.  No one here.  Just someone IRL.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I was going to say Huh?  but didn't want to look like a idiot if it was something obvious so then I googled it then thought huh? again and left it alone.  Glad I'm not the only one.   Lol 

Indeed Van, indeed.    Be a duck, let it roll off your back.   : )

I try not to let people get to me like I used to.  That's not to say that people don't make me mad (I'm human). If you ask anyone that knows me they will tell you I don't stay mad for very long.  It wastes too much of my time and energy, it''s not worth it to me.

Good advice NC.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Thanks, however I wouldn't always take my advice.  I've been told by some it's not always good.   Smile

So instead of running this morning, I've spent my entire waking day reloading my daughter's computer.  An apparent hard drive failure (either mechanical, or malware, unsure), so I had to reload the entire thing on a spare drive.  I'm pretty sure she didn't have a backup of her files and music from the other drive, which I can't access.  Oi.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Ouch, Van.

In the land of upper respiratory purgatory, while I'm still coughing and sneezing a little with a low grade temp, I'm starting to feel better. I actually put my contacts in for the first time in 6 days!

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Happy Tuesday crew.  It seems the flu bug has run its course through our house and (so far) I've avoided it.  Maybe I had that variety at some point in the past?  Everyone got it except for me.

Van - Sucks about your daughter's laptop.  Glad you got it fixed up though.

Pam - Hope you are on the mend.

Nightcrawler - Hi!  I see your pic.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Hello,

I'd like a do-over of this day please.

Thanks.  K. Bye.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Van - That stinks about your daughter' s computer. I hope you get it all worked out. As far as the do-over, I grant you a do-over (like I have special powers..lol). I remember doing do-overs playing four square in elementary school. Those were the good ole days.

Learningdaily - That's great that you are feeling better. Glad to hear it.

mjsmith - Hi back!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey peeps!  Another busy day at work, almost time to pop the smoke canister and di-di-mau!

Van, sucks about the computer.

Well it seems we might be phone shopping soon.  We have finally realized that there are too many moving pieces to our lives and it has come time to link our daughter in to the collective with a cell phone.  Not by choice but rather out of necessity.  So we are considering upgrading me to an Iphone and giving her my old phone or just upgrading me to a different non smart phone.  If we add her in then its an extra $20 month; $10 for the phone and $10 for the increase in our talking minutes plan.  If we go smart phone for me we are still in it for the $20 plus another $30/month for the data package.

I have been smartphone free forever so I don't really know what I would be gaining and am missing now.  I am connected at home and at work so I always have access to the collective known as the interwebs so that is really not a selling point for me.  I think in all honesty the only thing I can think of that i would like to add to a phone is mobile weather which I think I can get an app for with my phone.  A better calendar would be nice but not a show stopper.