Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Snow.  Blowing snow.  More snow.  Snow plows can't keep up.  Roads are getting too narrow to run on and share with cars.  Snow is too deep to run in the woods.  Snow shoes or skis are required.  Mid-winter is really great.  How's everyone doing today?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, it's 61 degrees outside, according to weather.com.  I think I may go take a walk.  After all, I'm downloading a database, which is estimated to finish in an hour ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Wandering Wally

Just for fun:

Cadillac, MI (where I live):  currently -1F, feels like -16F

Prudhoe Bay, Alaska:  currently 1F, feels like -15F

McMurdo Station, Antarctica: currently 30F, feels like 30F

Run!  Just Run!

Singer who runs a smidge

Brrrr!!!  I actually went for a walk WITHOUT my jacket ... though the high tomorrow is 22.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

And so the waiting game is happening . . . AGAIN. 2nd interview with a local company today. But this time the wait is not on whether I will be hired but rather I am now waiting on the official offer letter. With that I information I contacted the recruiter for the Chicago based company to get an answer from them (I was told the other day I have a 50/50 chance with them) and hopefully that will spur them along the way to make a decision in my favor. The Chicago company would be a $13K higher salary.

Either way we will be opening the 1967 bottle of Crown Royal soon to celebrate.

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Doug!  May you get the Chicago one so you don't have to move!

I won my trial (the one I worked weekends to prepare and argue).  And it was 82F at 6pm today, so my marathon was transferred to the gates of hell this weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well the offer that will be coming soon is for a position 58 miles from home and the Chicagoland position is 63 miles from home.  I was doing a 40 - 45 minute commute before but only about 30 - 35 miles.  Both positions are commutable from home but the Chicagoland position pays $13,000 more per year starting salary.

Singer who runs a smidge

Awesome news, Venom!!!  Yeah, $13k more starting salary would probably lean me that direction.  Believe me, a 60-mile commute is a long freakin' way some days ...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Someone left the freezer for open. Please close it. I don't like cold.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yay Doug.

It was 70 yesterday. Today, um no. Just no. I live in the South for a reason. I'm not amused.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Someone left the freezer for open. Please close it. I don't like cold.

Oops sorry, that was probably me Smile

Double Oops, sorry guys didn't mean to jump in your thread. Was typing and watching TV

and thought this was the daily thread.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Tired after my run.  While the rest of the country is freezing, we are hot and humid.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Heat wave!  It's all the way up to 12F.  Woot!

Doug - Awesome news!

Run!  Just Run!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Temps above zero today.  Forgot what that feels like.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I mean, hello.

Damaris

Fundraising Page