Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Olympics starting. Not sure how much I will watch.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi.  Got my bike so did 11 miles with hubby on the bike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Our dog tends to tear things up when he is left alone.  He's hosed a container of hot chocolate mix, a box of tealight candles, a bag containing my Christmas quartet jewelry (just the bag, thankfully), a couple of loaves of garlic bread (resulting in some really noxious farts), all the Christmas presents I'd wrapped ... the list goes on and on.  We can't crate him while we're gone because he goes ballistic and tries to dig his way through the wood on the bottom of the crate.  Apparently it's quite possible to dig through pressboard, and I don't want to have to replace another room's worth of carpet because of his anti-crate frenzy.

But yesterday while I was at work and DH was at a meeting, he pulled a yarn project off the table and proceeded to snarl the yarn.  Really really expensive yarn.  Once-in-a-lifetime yarn.  $500 yarn.

The miracle is that he's still alive, and he's not back at the pound. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, poor dog (sorry, Hope).

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Aw Hope.  Poor dog

Quincy isn't generally distructive.  He does this more because he is upset with me gone.  This gets his tummy upset as he gets more upset so he is trying to put something in it to make it feel better.  Just like a lot of dogs eat grass, well, mine seems to think that eating the curtains is better.

Marjorie

Singer who runs a smidge

Dusty likes to rip apart cardboard boxes in general, and we've allowed this, so it's probably at least partly our fault.  But when we're gone, he seems to ignore the available cardboard for more high value items.  I definitely think it's either anxiety or peevishness, but that doesn't mean I know how to stop it.  He does seem to do better if we give him melatonin before we leave.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

There is mouse poo on my desk.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Not cool that it is on your desk but at least its not on your plate or someplace grosser.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doug when do you start the new job?

I'm fighting off a cold. I really don't wNt to get sick. Crossing fingers my body fights it off before it gets to a full cold.

Marjorie

Singer who runs a smidge

More poo today.  Time to look into humane mouse traps!  I'd get an office kitty, but I suspect the cleaning crew would accidentally let it out.  Maybe I should think more about an office kitty and just alert the cleaning crew ...

Would it be bad to have a cat in the office during the day, but it gets left alone at night?  I wouldn't want to be a bad kitty parent ...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope no the cat would be fine if it gets lots of attention during the day. but, is someone there 7 days a week?

Hope  Doug is enjoying his first day back to work

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

New job started yesterday.  So far I enjoy it.  The 65 mile 1 way commute is gonna take its toll on my car though.  I will eventually get a different car with better fuel economy but since I will be in it 75 minutes each way in Chicago traffic I want something that is comfortable and I will not crap my pants to be next to a semi in.

And the world of wearing jeans to work is gone now.  Business casual or business professional is the dress code here.  I went shopping Sunday for more work clothes and I fully admit that I am color challenged.  I took my daughter along to help pick stuff out.  Sales and free gift cards are awesome.  I got roughly $260 worth of clothes on sale for $120 and after the free gift cards it was less than $2.50 out of pocket.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope no the cat would be fine if it gets lots of attention during the day. but, is someone there 7 days a week?

Hope  Doug is enjoying his first day back to work

Now I feel like an idiot.  Of course I didn't think of the weekend!  But I know my tech's daughter is allergic, so I don't want him taking cat hair home on his clothes ... I ordered a couple of humane traps instead.

Singer who runs a smidge

New job started yesterday.  So far I enjoy it.  The 65 mile 1 way commute is gonna take its toll on my car though.  I will eventually get a different car with better fuel economy but since I will be in it 75 minutes each way in Chicago traffic I want something that is comfortable and I will not crap my pants to be next to a semi in.

And the world of wearing jeans to work is gone now.  Business casual or business professional is the dress code here.  I went shopping Sunday for more work clothes and I fully admit that I am color challenged.  I took my daughter along to help pick stuff out.  Sales and free gift cards are awesome.  I got roughly $260 worth of clothes on sale for $120 and after the free gift cards it was less than $2.50 out of pocket.

I've got a 60-mile commute, so I drive a Prius.  However, the traffic is only stupid (irritating, moronic, sometimes life-threatening)  for about the last 15 minutes, right in Richmond.  The rest is country interstate, so YMMV (literally!)

Wandering Wally

Hello all!

Doug - Hooray for the new job!  Navy blue or black pants, white or light blue shirt.  Can't go wrong that way.  Plus, you can throw a sport coat over it if the situation requires.  I've done the 60+ mile one way commute in the past.  It got old.  But, audio books and good music make the time pass quickly.  Now I have a .8 mile one way commute.

HopesMom - Hope you catch the mice.  For news I like news.google.com or I use Feedly to aggregate news feeds from multiple sources.

Marjorie - Be well!  Hope you aren't getting sick.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast