Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  So I used to live in Athens, GA, and there was this vegetarian restaurant that did amazing brunches, as well as the best coffee I've ever had.  So I managed to find the restaurant online and order a pound of the coffee, which made me happy.

And apparently it's shipping 2-day priority mail with $50 insurance.  I don't know why, but it didn't cost me much for shipping, so why not?

Anyway, I should get my yummy coffee in a few days, hope it's up to my memory!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  I have been cleared for walking and biking.  Biking will let me wait 4 weeks for running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice, Hope!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Tax season is getting the better of me so far.  Time to show it who's boss...

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Howdy. Hope everyone is doing well. Where is Van??

Marjorie

Singer who runs a smidge

Tax season is getting the better of me so far.  Time to show it who's boss...

DH keeps asking me vague questions about tax stuff ... "Didn't we contribute to an IRA?  What about World Vision?"

Luckily all that stuff is documented, somewhere ...

Good luck!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. It's cold!!

Relentless forward progress

Singer who runs a smidge

We got snow this morning.  Not enough to keep me from driving in, especially since I have a quartet gig tonight.  It was pretty to drive through, though!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Mike, quick question about IRA.  If my husband's job gave him $100 towards a 401K but hubby canceled this 401K within a month, will that qualify as having a 401K in 2013 that would impede him from contributing towards an IRA?  It was so minimal that I assume it would be a no, but just want to make sure before opening an IRA for him for 2013.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I want to say we have done 401Ks and IRAs in the same year in the past.

Docket_Rocket

I want to say we have done 401Ks and IRAs in the same year in the past.

Good to know.  I thought it was one or the other unless you canceled the 401K during the year, which is what he basically did.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't think it's either/or -- I have a 401k through work that I contribute to, and a traditional IRA of my own that I also contribute to.

Of course, DH is also not a CPA.  Wait, is the IRS reading this now? 

Singer who runs a smidge

BTW, the most humongous spider just crawled out and attempted to kill me.  I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

BTW, the most humongous spider just crawled out and attempted to kill me.  I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!

I am afraid of spiders.  AGHHHHHH.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I don't think it's either/or -- I have a 401k through work that I contribute to, and a traditional IRA of my own that I also contribute to.

Of course, DH is also not a CPA.  Wait, is the IRS reading this now? 

If I remember correctly, it depends on the salary.  There comes a time when it's phased out.  We are there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page