Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh God...I know what you're going through and you have my empathy. I just moved my mother into a nursing home 8 miles away from me here in CA, but for years I managed her care while she lived in Portland, OR. Needless to say, I chewed up all my vacation time with numerous trips to there. Best of luck to you and your family. I do know what you're going through caring for a parent from afar.

Thanks  Good thing is I don't have to use a lot of vacation time.  When I go I can always work from our office up there and have several times.  We would move him down with us but he would not do well in the heat and he'd be leaving all he knows etc.  it is very stressing.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

My adoptive parents are only 2 hours away and my mom is my dad's caregiver and I still get stressed out. I can't imagine being the primary caregiver from afar, and I hope I never have to be.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I get to have dinner and drinks with Marjorie tonight.  We will eat hummus to spite Van.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi, again, guys! I finally stumbled my way back here!

Looks like there's a bunch of new faces--Hi to you all!

It's in the 30's and cloudy (of course) but at least it's not raining! I'm going for a hilly 14 miler after my delicious cuppa joe, and then it's a hot bath and I have to send some packages out this afternoon--nothin' much for my last day off. Smile

I'm down another few pounds, so I only have 2.4 to go to reach "race weight". I am so excited!! My paces have definitely improved and I just can't wait for the Eugene Marathon!!

Whats the haps with everyone else today?

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Hi Heather!

I'm still sick, but I feel a little better than yesterday and i slept well with NyQuil last night. Can't decide if it's worth going back to the doc.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Dave - How was that shrimp stir fry with that wine?

Marjorie and Damaris - Have fun tonight.

Marjoire - Glad to hear they caught the rapist.

VWaldoguy - I'm sending good vibes your way.

Waterwench - I'm one of the new ones you were talking about. Hi back! Congrats on your weight loss.

Learningdaily - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Okay, I think I'm caught up.

I'm off to the doctor to deal with some asthma issues. Asthma sucks!!  I'm sure Damaris will agree.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

For the Gentleman's Jack I will sip it straight.  Decided to do the Bacardi and diet coke last night instead.

When I get Jim Beam Devil's Cut I will sip it straight as well.

Better I Leave

Dave - How was that shrimp stir fry with that wine?...

I'm off to the doctor to deal with some asthma issues. Asthma sucks!!  I'm sure Damaris will agree.

The stir fry was a big success (2 thumbs up from my wife) and the Pinot Noir was very nice alongside, thanks for asking.

Sorry to hear about your asthma issues and your trip to the doc. Here's hoping all goes well my friend. Smile

I really feel for all the people dealing with parental Issues. it has to be tough.

On mobile so it's hard to catch up.  Yo to everyone!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great dinner with D.  We did have Hummus and it was super yummy  The feta cheese things where the bump though.  Can't remember what they were called.

I'm making D get up at an ungodly hour to run with me tomorrow!

Marjorie

Making D do an early morning run, yes that's toture.  Ha.

I have run 5 mikes is week.  It may be my lowest week ever.  Family takes priority.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I've been tortured alright.  I have an all day of 341 meetings and I'm conducting them so this is going to be fun...not.

For Van:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

*I* prefer baba ghanouj! But that hummus looks yummy!

Circuit training at 07:15, followed by 11 with speedwork on the treadmill whilst watching Star Trek (2009) on my son's iPod Touch. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I don't like baba ghanouj, BUT the one last night was delicious!  I ordered the vegetarian combo and I had hummus, baba ghanouj, falafel, and the whatever salad (Marjorie, help me.  I'm too asleep to remember).  Delish!

*I* prefer baba ghanouj! But that hummus looks yummy!

Circuit training at 07:15, followed by 11 with speedwork on the treadmill whilst watching Star Trek (2009) on my son's iPod Touch. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. I'm still cruddy. Going to the doc this afternoon. Happy effin Bday to me.....  Whaaaaaaah!