Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Nothing broken, but I have a huge bruise on my ass.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

That's...interesting.

Nothing broken, but I have a huge bruise on my ass.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey peeps. FUCK its busy here at work and I have no desire to be productive. But I will see what I can do to mull through the next 90 minutes here at work. Finally warming up at work, me that is. I had to go out in the refinery this morning for a job walk and it was friggin cold. I planned ahead and brought long johns to wear so most of me was warm enough. Nose and eyes were frigid and eventually my toes went cold. Toes took a few hours to warm up. But now all is warmed back up at least until its time to make the walk to the car. Windchill has been in the negative temps all day.
        MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I've run in snow.  Kinda prefer not to, thanks.  We have a couple cold days coming.  Boo

Ouch Van!

Hey everyone

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

On a different note we almost fired our first employee of the year at the store last night. We are part of the Liberty Tax franchise so we have the guy/gal dressed up in costume on the street corner with signs that wave to the traffic. The waivers are actually quite effective in bringing business in so we have someone out there all the time if the store is open. They are scheduled a 4 hour shift and we do give them weather breaks. Well numb-nut last night knew he had to be outside most of his shift and knew it was gonna be a cold shift as well. You would think that means come dressed for the weather right? Well numb-nut did not come dressed for the weather and was complaining about it when his shift wasn't even half over. We sent him home and came very close to telling him his last check will come in the mail. He was almost the first and there will be several more to follow. Our turnover for waivers is I bet 50% and most manage to make it very easy to can their ass.

Actually, I would think a waiver might be a pretty hard job.  I know when I've had to hold my arm up for any length of time, it gets tired pretty quick.  And probably one of the most boring jobs too.

Marjorie, actually, running in snow without any wind is just magical.

Heading out for dinner tonight, just fast food, so quick and easy.  A local chain restaurant (HQ'd here) offers their meat and cabbage sandwich for whatever the temperature is at 6am on Tuesdays in February.  The sandwiches are 9 cents today.  You still have to buy a drink and fries at regular price, but that's OK.

Beer!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I had one!  Your point? Big grin

Beer!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Mornin' all!

Van - Ouch! Glad to hear you didn't break anything. Hope you don't feel too bad/sore today.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Docket_Rocket

How's the ass doing, Van?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Inquiring minds want to know.   Big grin

How's the ass doing, Van?

Docket_Rocket

Word.  Too bad we're too shy for pics, RIGHT?

Inquiring minds want to know.   Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Indeed, Damaris.

You know the rule, Van...pictures or it didn't happen!  Wink

Word.  Too bad we're too shy for pics, RIGHT?

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

What kind of bruising are we talking about, here, Van?  Light blue can barely see it, or huge livid purple and blue?

in other news, my Zithromax is done as of yesterday, but my throat is still sore and actually getting worse. Sigh. I might give it today yet and see how I feel tomorrow, as I can still eat and drink.

Relentless forward progress