Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sorry you are still feeling crappy

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pam, I wonder if its just a virus then.  Coworker had the same and tested negative for flu, and her doctor wouldn't give her any biotics.  Mine took almost 3 weeks.

Ass cheek hurts. Just a light blue reddish bruise.  Still hurts to put any pressure on it.

Oh, and it's national Pie Day.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Canned another waiver last night.  No call off, no show for their shift.

Last year was our first year of ownership and my wife was worried about having to fire people.  She is a pro at it now.

We had 1 last year that was at work but not doing their job and the office staff person wrote it up in the log book.  The waiver dude tried to tell my wife that the office lady was lying and tried to argue about it.  Well the office lady M was a friend of the family for over 15 years now and we know she is above reproach for lying.

He tried to argue about it and my wife asked him if this is really how he expects to keep his job by lying and arguing with the store owner.  She told him his final check will arrive in the mail and hung up the phone.

Wandering Wally

Afternoon all.  Just checking in and letting you all know I'm still alive.  Been resting the 2nd calf strain in 3 months.  The other leg this time.  It's about ready to get back to action.  Besides that it's just been work, eat, sleep.

Doug - I am just learning the joys of being the business owner.  Hopefully I don't have to learn about firing people for awhile yet.  I just have one assistant and she's awesome.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Mike, if you have to fire yourself, then I'd say your business failed.  Good luck with tax season, it's probably only going to get busier through the next few months.

Doug, sounds tough, but that's what happens when you're the top dog.

Enjoying some MnMs for a mid afternoon snack while doing teletraining that is boring beyond belief.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Mike, how easy or difficult to fire someone depends on the person.  My wife was lucky in that her first few basically fired themselves.

I have a 18-20 mile run planned for tomorrow.  I wonder how many beers tonight would be adequate hydration?

Hey crew! Cool

I may be slow but I never quit.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!

I cut my run short yesterday (AGAIN).  Not feeling it this week.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Baileys Irish Cream in my coffee, eh, not a fan I guess.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning everyone!

I'm a little achy, but my throat feels better. Haven't decided if I'll try to make it to the gym today. Too cold to run outside with my cough. I'll see how I feel after coffee.

Relentless forward progress

Damaris, maybe your body is still in recovery from Goofy.  I know even though your legs feel fine, sometimes the runs are harder after a race.  Your body knows when it needs a cutback.  You'll get back there.

Pam, yep, a cold one for sure.  I'm heading to the mill.

Cheryl, yo!

Docket_Rocket

I think it was the drive to and from Orlando, work, and a drive I did to Jupiter, FL, to FE.  Driving for that amount of time tires me too.  Every time I go to WPB I cannot function that night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Morning everyone!

Eatsfood and mjsmith - Hi back!

Damaris - I agree with Van.  Listen to your body, it will let you know when it's ready again.  That's my way of saying slow down woman!  Smile!

Doug - Sorry to hear about your waivers but your stories are funny.  They make me laugh.

Van - Hope you got enough beers in your last night.   Lol

Learningdaily - Glad you are feeling better.  I know all about the cold. I live in the south and I've been up north for the last week.  I'm not used to single digit - 20° weather and I've been running it it all week.  I hate running in the cold.  I'll be glad to go home tomorrow where it's in the 70°s and I can put my shorts back on.

I have a date on Saturday!  Woohoo!   It was postponed from last Saturday because I had to go out of town unexpectedly.  He makes me very nervous.  Van, I'm going to take your advice and just be myself.  Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey Kids!

I'd ask if I could go home yet but since I'm working from home that seems silly.

Marjorie