Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Better I Leave

Hey all. I trust everyone is doing well. No running for me today, but I will lift since my ortho has given me the "green light" to increase the weights and exercises.

Gonna install a TV in the home gym too.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I wanted nothing. I was just doing roll call.    But if you are granting wishes, I want to win the lottery. Is that asking too much?

What do you want? Big grin

Don't believe everything you think. 

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I have my date tonight so I'm a little excited but I think more nervous. See if he can top our KC &The Sunshinne Band concert date from last month.

My homemade lattes are the bomb.  Just wanted you to know.  Having been a barista in the past makes a huge difference.  However, I'm afraid I may need a new espresso machine soon.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Have fun on your date!

I may be slow but I never quit.

NC, remember, just be yourself!  And have fun, no matter what you do, enjoy the moment.  It may not top the concert, but it doesn't have to.

Cheryl, bummer about the foot, hope it's not too bad.

Damaris, good luck in the race!

Doug, your toe will probably feel better now that the toenail is off.

PinegroveDave, good news for green lights, hope you have a good workout.

Marjorie, hope it warmed up for ya.

Run of my trail running friends is about 80 miles in on the 24 hour TM challenge, she's on pace to hit 100.  Super excited for her.  I did a couple of miles with the TM group this morning after I got off work, and 5 recovery miles this afternoon.  Have a good day everyone.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Bad.  I just got hit by the remote.  Top of my foot is swollen, red, and hopefully NOT BROKEN.

Hey everyone.  How is your day?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Thanks Cheryl and Van.

Damaris - The remote?  Huh?  I'm sure thete's a story in there somewhere.  I hope you are alright and it's not broken.

Might be the first case of a broken foot by a remote.

So I'm slightly sleep deprived.  I might have time for a quick nap before work, but I'm kind of keyed up for some reason.  So, my other alternative is to jack myself up with a crapton of caffeine tonight while at work.  Ugh.  I hate the night shift sometimes.

Docket_Rocket

It is a fucking heavy remote.  It is swollen but I don't think I broke it.  I am still running the marathon tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It also hurts like a mother fucker.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I've come to the conclusion that it's possible to eat too much hummus in one sitting. We bought the single serving Sabra cups of hummus at Costco.  Each container has like 150 calories, and a ton of fat.  Ideally, a couple of tablespoons is the proper serving, not 1/4 cup.  Ack.  Lol.

Rest day.   Sore butt muscle, so I decided to give it a break.  Off to a chili feed to help raise some money for a family that has a had rough time the last few months.

Docket_Rocket

Well, the foot was the least of my worries today.  The bruise is now the size of the bottom of a cupcake (see how I think?) but I don't think it's broken.  Otherwise, how would I have finished today's marathon?  Anyway, it bugged me only because the laces rest exactly above it.

Now my stomach, I had issues today.  Reflux sucks.  This is the second time I've done this race and have the same issues.  I'm going to call it the pukey marathon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page