Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Well, it's kind of disappointing when you're looking forward to a chili feed, only to discover when you get there that it's in 3 weeks, not today.  Bummer.  So we headed off to Texas Roadhouse instead.  Beer, catfish, baked potato, rolls, and peanuts.  Yum.

Damaris, sometimes it's not always pretty, congrats on gutting out another one.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sorry about the stomach troubles, Damaris.

I earned my paycheck last night, that's for sure!  Home on call tonight.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm a bit worn out  Guess 22.5 miles and then a 2.5 hour movie will do that!.  Hi everyone.

Sorry the chilli wasn't today Van!

Boo to the bruise D

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Busy running weekend for me.  10.6 flat miles on Saturday, 12 hilly miles on Sunday.  Today's run kinda sucked.  About 32*F heading east basically for the first 5 miles into a 15 MPH SE headwind.  On the return leg it was with the wind but the sleet started which turned back and forth to rain.  Did I mention it was 32*F as well.

Good weekend otherwise with the family.  DS came over Saturday and we got some upkeep maintenance done with his car.  We were kidless Saturday night so it was dinner out to Outback for me and Mrs V.  Since we were kidless for the night it was a GOOD night as well.

Doug, bow chicka wow wow.

Marjorie, what movie did you see?

Pam, hopefully you don't get called in.

Gave up on store bought hummus and made my own.  Habanero hummus.  Yummy!  And spicy!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Van - I'm going to try hummus since you guys keep talking about it.  Sucks about the chili but at least you had a good meal.

Damaris - Hope your foot feels better tonight. I think if I had those issues at the same race I'd quit running it.  Lol

Learningdaily  - Sounds like you had a busy night. I hope tonight is slower for you.

Marjorie -  Hi back. Hope you get some rest.

Venomized - I guess I shouldn't complain about my 25mph winds I ran in today in 75* weather.  Glad you had a GOOD night with Mrs. V.

My date was a 2 thumbs up. I think there will be another one in the near future.

Don't believe everything you think. 

NC, sounds like the date was a success!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Indeed it was. Can't wait to do it again.   Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

NC, hummus is just garbanzo beans pureed. with various spices or flavorings. Spread it on crackers, pita chips, or use as a dip for raw carrots or celery.  Good stuff.

Going to make chocolate peanut butter hummus when I get home.  FTW!  Hey, got to find a way to get through this Monday one way or another.

Mostly harmless

I ran 15 miles on the treadmill today. Before today I had never logged more than 6 miles or so on the TM and I learned two things.....

The oddest thing just happened to me.  I was reading another thread and suddenly I was struck by this thought: "Did I post that I ran 15 miles on the treadmill last week instead of 12"? So I checked and sure enough, I posted 15.  I actually ran 12 miles on the treadmill and it really did suck.  My brain works in strange ways.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

12, 15, it's all the same, right?

Mostly harmless

12, 15, it's all the same, right?

Yeah. I'm just more surprised by the fact that it popped into my head 5 days after the fact.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Hola!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Didn't get called in last night (yay!).  Had a really good performance eval with my manager this morning (Yay!!!).

Relentless forward progress