Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hey everyone. My foot let me know today that it really has a long way to go. I don't know what to do with myself. My foot is better in that there's less swelling and bruising and I can bear weight without the boot (but only for so long). I can wiggle my toes more. I can still barely move it in any direction without a jolt of pain though. This sucks. Just venting, don't mind me. I've never had an injury like this before. Close but I wasn't a runner then and smoked and didn't mind sitting oar puns on my fat ass. I need an activity.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Hello all.

Pizza and beer sound good!

Cheryl, sounds like you just need to give yourself time to heal.

Pam, sounds like a good run.  Going to be a little cooler than that the next few days.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the foot, Cheryl.

Hi, Van!

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning.  4 inches of snow. No school.  But the house appraiser is still coming I guess.  We'll see.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Cheryl, KEEP THE BOOT ON and you will heal faster.

Morning kiddos!

My son is being an idiot again.  He is trying to trade his car in for a newer car.  Can't blame him for trying but I will say that I am comfortable with the condition of his car in that I would think nothing of it to drive it to LA and back over the next week without thinking twice about it.  He on the other hand thinks its a piece of junk.  He is trying to trade it in but they won't do a loan without a co-signer and right now we refuse to co-sign for him because we know he can't afford it.  He claims to have looked at the finances and says he can afford it.  I did a quick look at what I know of his finances and the newer car is out of his price range.  Like can't buy groceries beyond his price range, can't afford repairs type out of his price range.

And he has the nerve to bitch at us because we won't co-sign but neither of them have even asked her parents for any financial help.

If we do decide to co-sign then we are going to have a full financial disclosure meeting and look at things objectively.  They will also be told that if they miss a payment and we get hit with having to make the payment then we will take the car.  But right now I am 98% certain we won't co-sign

Doug, my parents refused to co-sign for me when I was that age. I thought I could afford it no problem. E didn't help that the pushy car saleman kept telling me I could afford it. Looking backme both my parents and me are glad we never got into a situation like that.

Trying out compression socks today. So far it feels good on my foot. I only take the boot of at home. I wear it all day. Van, sorry to hear about your financial troubles.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Doug, I probably wouldn't cosign either.  You need to convince him that the car is OK, and that you can help with minor repairs if they come up.  We all want new stuff, but sometimes, you just have to make do.  Wants versus needs.  Good luck.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy day?  Maybe I don't know.

Pretty warm out.  We won't get the big storms like everyone else but the wind is picking up.

I'll go to Pilates later as well.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

He just doesn't get it and I don't know WTF we did to go wrong with him.

He claims the car has a bunch of different rattles which is why he wants to get rid of it so I told him to bring it by and we can look to see what they are and to see if we can fix them.  He said he doesn't have time and all he needs is for us to cosign for him.  We had him on 2 of our credit cards when he was living at our place because it was easiest.  Because we are carrying a balance on them he is trying to claim that is why he can't get a loan on his own.  Because of the cards he claims his debt ratio is too high.  He claims they want it below 30% and he is over 60% right now.

My guess is his debt ratio is higher for other reasons.  Just looking at rent, car payment, insurance, and gas for the car eats up almost all his paycheck.  His fiance has a shitty work ethic and is likely 1 calloff away from being fired.  She has called off more in 3 months than I have in 20 years of post college working.

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!  Grey, rainy day so far.  Turning to snow later and then it will snow for 3 days.  Whee!

Doug - Good luck.  Hopefully your son gets it eventually.

Cheryl - Patience.  Some injuries take more time than others to heal.  Can you do some water aerobics or lap swimming?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Doug, I think by not cosigning the loan would help him to understand how hard it is on your own.

Docket_Rocket

I have one of those days at work when the bitches and the assholes just decide to shine the whole day.  Even when I left at 1pm, I have 20 emails to prove how bitchy people can be.  Carry on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

That happens Damaris, I'm learning to be a bitch back if necessary.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Doug - I wouldn't be too down on yourself.   From what you've shared that I've seen, you and the missus did all you can to raise a responsible, independent adult. IMHO, your DS may be in the fog of new independence and possibly influenced by his fiancée.  Don't guilt yourself over not co-signing.  It the long run, you're doing him a favor.  If he's worried about his debt ratio, then maybe he'd be open to meeting with a financial counselor to make a plan to reduce his debt. I know even now at 38, sometimes I take input from outsiders better than from the parental units.

In other news, I had muscle aches and an elevated temp again today, so URD. Bah!  Oh. And there's no school tomorrow due to extreme cold. Being in the biggest city in the state with 99% of the students inside city limits, we almost never cancel school. In fact, the last time it happened was two years ago, also for extreme cold. Yay. I won't even be able to send the kids outside to blow off steam. pray for me!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Super long Rant ahead:

Well, this is the story.  I got a new case YESTERDAY and I had to go to court on it.  I was informed LATE YESTERDAY that the CEO of the company would also file bankruptcy and that it was to the benefit of everybody to assign it to me and the judge where the first case was filed.  So, I get to the office and open my computer and notice an email that said the CEO filed and that this case would likely be mine even though it was assigned to the WRONG JUDGE.  It's 8am, so you assume nobody has worked on the case since it was filed at 6pm the night before.

No, no, no, no.  The attorney assigned to the wrong judge came into the office and we talked about it.  No issue appeared to be raised.  OK.  I leave the office for the day (at 1:30pm) and the next thing I know there are 300 calls on my cell about how this bitch went to the boss to complain about her NOT KNOWING about this case being transferred to me, that she spent hours (HOURS) working on it, etc., etc., etc., and that you never not consult with the attorney when a party transfers the case.

Guess what?  I just found out that 2 weeks ago she got a case that was TO BE TRANSFERRED TO ME because I had the related case.  She never told me about it and the case had a hearing yesterday about the transfer and of course I didn't go.  So, the case is apparently transferred to me and nobody has worked on it for 2 weeks.  And I was just told about this without consulting me or anything.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GO COMPLAINING ABOUT CONDUCT YOU'RE DOING YOURSELF?

Are people crazy?

Damaris

Fundraising Page