Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Healthy and Super Bowl snacks shouldn't be in the same sentence!  Ha.

Nor should Thanksgiving dinner.  1 year we went to the Atlanta area to visit my parents for Thanksgiving.  Left after work on Wednesday and stopped in Kentucky for the night then drove the rest of the way on Thursday to get there by 4 for dinner.  The lunch time stop there was nothing open so we had to get roller food from the gas station.  We arrived starving to a Thanksgiving Weight Watchers meal.  What a let down.

Gas station roller food, yum!  (ralph)

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

Hey everyone!  Two cups of coffee down and thinking about running later.  This heart rate based training is different, that's for sure.  I'll have to give it some time to see what happens.  After only a couple of runs I feel less beat up and my mechanics are better.  I knew I had a form issue and slowing way down has helped correct it.  I'm not sure where or when I had a breakdown in my form but it's been really bugging me and I suspect it has something to do with 2 calf strains in 3 months.

Welcome Kay!

What's this Super Bowl people keep speaking of?

Snacks of any sort and healthy should never appear in the same sentence.  For a party I always like a good 7 layer dip or some chili queso dip.  Velveeta + Rotel + Hormel beanless chili makes a really good dip (don't knock it until you try it).  Bacon wrapped shrimp on a stick are tasty.  Meatballs of either the Swedish or BBQ variety are always popular with me.  Of course hummus in several varieties is good.  I'd probably have some artichoke hummus and some jalapeno for a party.

Gas station food = Tight lips

Nothing worse than having to stop for dinner on your way home from dinner.

Beans of all sorts make me quite musical unless I eat them every day for a couple of weeks.  Then things seem to calm down.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

PGD -  I love garlic and onions so I will have to try this and also jalapeno.

NC...I'm of the opinion that hummus is a lot like cilantro...people either love it...or hate it. The fact that you "weren't a fan" tells me that it could "grow on you" with the right recipe. If you like garlic and/or onion...maybe something like this?

http://madhealthchick.com/2012/02/02/roasted-garlic-onion-hummus/

Van - They had celery and carrots but I went with crackers.

NC, did you have anything to put the hummus on?  I will dip raw veggies in it, or wheat thin crackers, or Triscuits, or bagel chips.  I can't eat it plain.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Good morning, for about another hour anyway.  How's things with the crew?  I'm doing pretty good.  Haven't had to take any inflammatories since Thursday, which I just realized this morning that I haven't taken them.  A little bit of progress.  I don't think I need the boot anymore but we'll see.  I don't want to push it too much and make the healing last any longer than it has too.  Hubby is buying me an iphone 5 today, very excited about that.  We're going to go out to breakfast first though.  Other than that I'm just working on getting the laundry done.  Hope everyone is having  good weekend so far.

I may be slow but I never quit.

@runjerseygirl

Ugh, it doesn't look like healthy is happening.  Hubby saw a commercial for Grands biscuits where you roll sloppy joes into a biscuit and bake it.  We are making home made pizza, though.  Maybe I can do a veggie pie.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I always do two meals every night so do it!

Ugh, it doesn't look like healthy is happening.  Hubby saw a commercial for Grands biscuits where you roll sloppy joes into a biscuit and bake it.  We are making home made pizza, though.  Maybe I can do a veggie pie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Yo crew.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

G'evening.  Had a pizza party over at the inlaws tonight, a non Super Bowl party.

Docket_Rocket

I was wheezing during my run.  I hate this fucking asthma.  Go away!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sorry that you have to deal with that.  Everyone has their thing.  Asthma appears to be yours.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Had a very nice delivery a bit ago, and one more pending.  Everyone else we're trying to keep pregnant. Got 8 preterm patients.  Yeesh!

Relentless forward progress

Sorry, D. You have made progress with it though, remember that on the bad days. My foot's a little achy so I'm icing it right now, then I'll do heat.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

And thanks.  The run was very frustrating but then I need to remember I was not running 10:54mm last year.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

Morning' all. A beautiful day for a run. 40 degrees and partly cloudy down here in Davis.