Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Yo, that's awesome news about your husband Cheryl.  Hope he continues to have great health now.

Doug, good luck with that.  I work a lot of OT, but usually concentrated in the spring. 

Mike, hope business is doing OK for you.

Black cats, had one, but he passed away a couple of weeks ago.  He was 18 years old, lived a good long life. 

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Cheryl.

Hi, guys.  Been busy with a brief I need to hand in to DC soon so my life at work has been crazy.

How's everybody?  I ran last night and it went great!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Afternoon all.

Van - Yes, business is going well.  I'm getting ramped up for tax season.  Yikes!  It could be really interesting this year depending on what congress does or does not do in the next couple of weeks.

Cheryl - Glad your husband continues to improve.

Re: The Krispy Kreme Challenge - I might like to give it a try.  Once.  Just to say I did it.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Yo!  It's Friday.  And I have to work the next few evenings.  Blah.  Let's see, must find a way to keep doing this for the next 15 years.  Well that's depressing!

Docket_Rocket

I predict lots of coffee.

Yo!  It's Friday.  And I have to work the next few evenings.  Blah.  Let's see, must find a way to keep doing this for the next 15 years.  Well that's depressing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey crew.  Hope you are all well.  

Wandering Wally

Hi ya!

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

How are you, Doug, Van, Mike, everybody!

Van, when is your next race?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, I'm taking a break until mid February when I will run the Austin Marathon.  And then Land Between the Lakes trail marathon in March in Kentucky, maybe a 50 mile trail race in April in Indiana, and then the 48 hour run in New Jersey in May.  After that, I really don't know.  I believe by then, I'll be sufficiently burnt out that I may never want to run again. 

I'm getting tired of 7 day work weeks.  Ugh.  Day 6 of 7 here, dragging on. 

On an unrelated note, I took a Yoga for Runner's class over the weekend.  I think I may have overdone it.  Oops.  Wow was I sore after that.  I liked the Yoga concept, and will probably take some more classes at the gym (they are free, part of the membership), just won't go so hard next time.

And I'm not excited about Christmas at all. Blah.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Monday morning and I am very tired.  Too much rum Saturday night and a busy Sunday took its toll on me.

Working on another estimate this week for another project here at work.  Guessing it will be 2.5 - 3 million right now.

Well I floated the idea of Martian Marathon to Mrs V over the weekend and she said maybe.  She has to check and see how busy she is expecting to be since the race is tax season ending weekend.  If we go then we will take an extra day and do a Canada border crossing that weekend as well.  If she cannot swing it then I will stay local and run Crossroads that weekend.  Either race, today start the 18 week out clock.

Wandering Wally

Hey all!

Switching my phone service at the office over to cable today.  Better service and cheaper made it a no brainer.

On the running front I am just working on lots of easy base miles this month.  After missing a lot of time in November due to a calf strain I am making sure I take things slow and easy for now.  In February, I'll start preparing for my summer 50K.

Van - Which 50 miler are you doing in April?

Doug - Martian is pretty popular amongst the local runners.  It's a Running Fit event so it will be well organized.

Run!  Just Run!

Doug, good luck with that Hanson plan. 

Mike, it's the Indiana 100, but just doing half.  It's an innaugural race.  That's the plan at least,I may not make it, we'll see.  

Ok, off to run Some recovery miles on the Mill.  It's cold out there.   

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys. Van, sounds like a great plan. Hope your break started already. Doug, mike, yo.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

That is good to hear Mike about Martian.

I am very much a hands off needed runner.  As long as I can get my packet, bib, and shirt then it is pretty hard to screw up a race for me.  I don't need coddled on the race course, just follow the pack in front of me and have some water set out every few miles.

Don't entirely understand why people need their hand held at a race for the organization part of it.

If there is a start and finish line, a half way decently marked course, and water or sports drink available then it is organized adequately.  If you need the shit-shack in the middle of the race then you have other issues going on that are outside of the purview of race organization.