Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Today was an asthma day, bah!  No attack but only because I cut the miles short.  I know it was my allergy shot so no biggie.  Still, frustrating.  I want 100% lungs, not 55%!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey everyone. So, question about of. When rolling should it feel like your crunching tissue or have what feels like a lump when you roll over it? Hurts like hell but my heel has become less painful, especially in the morning. It's pretty much the same pain all day from the moment I wake up. I'm so frustrated with this damn foot. Other than that I'm doing well, writing is off to a hood start, work has been busy but in a good way. The nurses are excited because I changed out all the enteral pumps today. Finally getting rid of the old, crappy ones.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Docket_Rocket

I feel a lump but when I'm using the stick, not the foam roller.

Hey everyone. So, question about of. When rolling should it feel like your crunching tissue or have what feels like a lump when you roll over it? Hurts like hell but my heel has become less painful, especially in the morning. It's pretty much the same pain all day from the moment I wake up. I'm so frustrated with this damn foot. Other than that I'm doing well, writing is off to a hood start, work has been busy but in a good way. The nurses are excited because I changed out all the enteral pumps today. Finally getting rid of the old, crappy ones.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  It's snowing again.  I think I just saw the Donner party go by my window.

When I use the stick I feel lumps as well.  Until they loosen up.  With the foam roller sometimes things feel crunchy to me.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Not feeling well...again. URD ......freakin again!!!  I'm so effin sick and tired of being sick and tired. If I'm not better tomorrow, I'll go back to the doc...again....

Wandering Wally

Sorry Pam.  Hope you feel better soon.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Pam!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oops, I signed up for another marathon.  I blame Van.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Sheesh.  That Van.  Always enabling.

Run!  Just Run!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I wonder if there's a recovery program for enablers. But then, who else wold tell us about all the fun races we could run?

I had absolutely nothing to do with that!

It's my Friday, I've got a 4 day weekend planned.  Have a 10 mile trail race on Saturday in Kansas City.  It's going to be a mud fest. Ugh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Pam - Hope you get feeling better soon.

Van - Have a good 4 day weekend and have fun at your mud fest.

Hope everyone is having a good night!      

Don't believe everything you think. 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well tonight came and went.  Plan was to run the indoor track tonight but that got tossed by the way side as I had to be dad tonight.  My son is sick and I had to go be dad to help them out.  Even after they move out you still have to be a parent from time to time.

He has has really bad headaches lately and today it all came to a painful head and he wound up going to the ER about it.  They did a cat scan to find nothing wrong or least no reason for the headaches.  He was diagnoses as being dehydrated and a bad case of the flu.  He was told to follow up with primary care if the headaches don't clear up soon.  Plus he is tired a lot.  Does not help working 2 jobs.  He delivers newspapers to gas stations in the overnight hours which is impacting him being tired.  To combat being tired he is back to drinking Mtn Dew and his finance says he is doing the Monster energy drinks as well.  As they were releasing him from the ER the nurse commented about his BP being higher than it should be for an otherwise healthy 19 year old.  I asked and she said it was 140 over 90.  I told his fiance that she needs to ween him off the Mtn Dew.  Asked the nurse about the Monsters as well and she said those could very well be a contributing factor.  So that is another thing to ween him from.  They are bad about eating frozen pizza several times a week and told them they need to work on eating better.  The nurse agreed as well and all of it is likely a contributing factor to the elevated BP.

So once we got him home I went to the store and bought some healthier food for them.  Its a stop gap for the moment, just hope they can get things together better so the both of them can get their health back in check.  Sometimes even after they move out, you have to be the parent.  He was going to try to go to work tonight delivering papers but I told him that was not a good idea and he needs to call off for tonight.  I know their money is tight but pushing yourself to beyond exhaustion will not help their cause.

KIDS!!!!!  Roll eyes