Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hope he feels better soon, Doug.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Maybe it will be a wakeup call.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Maybe it will be a wakeup call.

Hoping so

Wandering Wally

Dad duty always outranks running.  Nice job Doug.  I'm glad mine are still small and the worst problems I have to deal with are lost blankies.

Got about a foot of snow over night.  Got to do some awesome cardio with the snow shovel this morning.

Enjoy your Friday!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Hey everyone. Parents never really stop being parents. Hope he feels better and starts taking better care of himself.

as far as my foot goes, I don't use a foam roller. I use my little roller ball. Pain mid mostly gone now, yay! Glad I caught it and cleared it up quickly. I follow up with my doc about my sprain on Monday. There's one spot that is still puffy and bruised and doesn't seem to want to heal.

Pam, hope you feel better soon.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Wandering Wally

Getting busier now.  I'm actually thinking about working for awhile tomorrow.  Gotta make hay while the sun shines, right?

Run!  Just Run!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Getting ready to go eat lunch with my favorite doctor.

Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

SmileSmileSmile

Don't believe everything you think. 

Docket_Rocket

Can the weekend start already????????????????????????????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

I'm ready

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Yes, but I still have one more hour before I can leave and I have to run tonight.  Bah.  I'm exhausted.  Between lack of sleep, four trips to court, the running a lot of miles, and the severe asthma bout on Tuesday, I'm beat.

Maybe I should just stay home and have a beer.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I think my work is all caught up  Well enough so that I feel good to  say I'm done.  Didn't freeze on my run in PA because I didn't run.  My stomach was upset when I got up yesterday.  Meetings all day.  Plane was to leave at 7.  Until 5 min before 7 they still had us listed as on time!  Um the plane we were to get on wasn't even there yet!  We left at 7:45.  Lucky my connection was literally the next gate.  I walked off that plane crossed the aisle and onto my next plane.  I know others were not so lucky.  Plane back was okay until we started to approach/land.  Massive turbulence.  I'm used to it but it did make me quesay.  Got home around midnight.  Got up this am and ran 13.1 miles.  Bunch of calls etc and now I'm done  Did watch a video clip from Dr Oz on cutting edge PT for back pain (I'm a PT if you didn't know).  Holy shit it was bad.  Ultrasound is NOT cutting edge nor is it that evidenced based  And none of my centers use Tiger balm.  Nor would I recommend those exercises for the majority of patients.  Especially without evaluating them.  The PT that was on there should be ashamed.  At least the American Physical Therapy Association did send a great letter in response to the show.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

One of you sent me a big storm, which means I might not be able to run.  We'll see.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

One of you sent me a big storm, which means I might not be able to run.  We'll see.

Not it!

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I feel less achy than yesterday. I still don't feel great, though. I'll call work in a bit and see if there's a lighter assignment I can have since I'm not the resource/charge nurse tonight. I think I could swing babysitting some stable pretermers or starting an overnight cervidil induction (they don't usually kick into active labor off cervidil alone). I don't know that I'd be up for active labor support or being  a perky cheerleader for pushing.

Doug - I hope your son feels better and starts taking better care of himself.

Cheryl - Glad your foot is getting better.

Hi to all!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

It's not raining any more but I don't want to run.  So, I have a martini in front of me.  What to do?

Damaris

Fundraising Page