Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  How's everybody?

I booked the trip to LA so LA Marathon, here I come.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Look out LA!  Damaris is coming!

Cheryl - Scary!  Glad you're okay.

Van - Have a good college visit.  Stay awake.  I'll drink some coffee for you.

Windy here today.  It's really picked up in the last two hours.  When I took the garbage out at 0830, it was just a steady breeze.  Ran something else out just a bit ago and it's now downright windy.

I'm trying to be a little productive around the house since I'm not running.  Our bed is made, laundry is started, one child is bathed, and the dishwasher is unloaded.  Yesterday, I took care of the toy vomit in DS2's room (it wasn't that bad, so it only took a few minutes).  Today, I may dust and try to clean/purge my corner of the downstairs office.  I want a new office desk and shelves, but I have some work to do so I can plan the arrangement.  I'm thinking L-shaped desk, so I can have my computer on one side and my sewing machine on the other with shelves above the computer.

Relentless forward progress

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Oh!  And Happy Valentine's Day to all the IMTPT peeps!  You're good peoples in my book!

Docket_Rocket

Ditto!  Hope you feel better today!

Oh!  And Happy Valentine's Day to all the IMTPT peeps!  You're good peoples in my book!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Checking CA off the list, eh?  That's March, right?

Pam, sounds productive.

Mike, I don't know how you handle the snow up there.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, the 17th.  I will be doing another one in Cali (SF) in June, if DH can take the time off.  Not sure about Paris which has me sad, but if he cannot get at least a week off, we cannot go.

Checking CA off the list, eh?  That's March, right?

Pam, sounds productive.

Mike, I don't know how you handle the snow up there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

My lunch bag smells like smoke, lol. I have PT tomorrow. Really hoping I'll at least be cleared for the elliptical but I'm not keeping hopes up too much.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Wandering Wally

Cheryl - Mmmm, smoked lunch ;-)

Van - A person just gets used to the snow I guess.  I am looking forward to spring though.

Damaris - Have fun in LA.

Pam - Happy Valentines Day to you also!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Okay.  Everyone bathed and dressed.  Lunch done.  Groceries gotten and put away.  I know what's on the menu for supper.  One more load of laundry to dry.  Now to try and get those other chores done....

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling.  Sometimes when I'm getting down or discouraged, it helps if I list the things I *have* managed to get done (e.g. laundry, chores) versus dwelling on the things I *haven't* done (i.e. run, figure out how to feel better).  It helps me to see that I'm doing *something*.

Docket_Rocket

I had to take Sammy to the vet because her eye was closed for 24 hours.  She has a scratch turned into ulcer, so meds for her and the cone of shame that did not last more than 5 minutes.  Oh, well.

At the vet, somebody brought a friend's dog that got run over.  He did not make it past the parking lot.  His owner was leaving for vacation so he dropped the dog at the office.  Somebody opened the door and the dog bolted.  They don't want to tell the owner they fucked up.  Meh, it happens.  Very sad.  The owner got there and was devastated.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Our weather here is going to get cold again.  Wah!  I hate cold.

Mike the rest of my family eats them.  Just not me.  Dad can't have them anymore because of diabetes buthe consumed tons.

<3 Happy Cupid day!

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Oh, Damaris. That sucks about the dog...

I'd be upset if it were my pet.

Pam, I like to a knowledge things I've accomplished too!

Marjorie, bundle up.

Morning.  Off for another college visit today.  Fun times.

Docket_Rocket

I should explain the dog.  He bolted from his owner's office not the vet.  So when they brought it TO the vet, he never made it past the parking lot.  By the time they carried him in, he had died.  it was very sad.  The people working with the guy did not want to tell him the truth; that it was them that left the door open.  They are going to tell him a client did it.  To me, it's irrelevant.  It happens.  However, I blame the owner for dropping the dog at that office; you make sure the dog is safe before you go on vacation.  The guy was devastated and I've never seen a guy cry so hard for his doggie.  :-(

In better news, cold weather is coming here and even though it's only for one day, it's on marathon day!  Yipee.

Damaris

Fundraising Page