Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

My dad was shot at and almost killed last night.  Welcome to PR!  Ugh

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good grief, Damaris!  Is your dad okay?!

Got to stay home the rest of the night.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

He is nervous but Ok.  Just finished with the cops.  This was late last night.  Now he does not have a car and no money to fix it.  But better to be alive!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey kiddos.  Been busy today already

Marjorie

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Damaris - I'm glad he is okay.  Did they find the shooter?

Mike - Just a couple of more days until you can relax.  Hopefully since it is so busy you're time will go fast.

Van - That's great you guys found a college.  Is it close?

Marjorie - Hope you dad follows through with it since you said it's a good think that he is thinking about it.

Pam - That's good that you got to stay home the rest of the night.

Congrats Neil! Smile

Doug - That's awesome that you got to swear him in.  

Don't believe everything you think. 

Better I Leave

My dad was shot at and almost killed last night.  Welcome to PR!  Ugh

WTF??? Did this happen in San Juan? Glad he's OK though. San Juan is bad. Marina has a few relatives there and I've heard stories. We usually hang in Ponce, San German and La Parguera.

Evening!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.  Coffee?

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Afternoon!

Don't believe everything you think. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I saw signs of spring today.  Despite the feels like in the 20s when I ran my 20.7 miles (I'd have done the extra .3 but was cutting it close to have enough time to shower eat and get to the airport on time) this am a few of the Bradford Pear trees were starting to bloom.  Only a few of them, but I'll take it.  Now at the airport ready to go to New Orleans since I have an 8am meeting tomorrow.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Puerto Rico is bad.  Not only San Juan.  I was born and raised there.  There is nowhere safe.  Same old same old.

WTF??? Did this happen in San Juan? Glad he's OK though. San Juan is bad. Marina has a few relatives there and I've heard stories. We usually hang in Ponce, San German and La Parguera.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yo!  I PRd today!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Congrats on the PR Damaris!!

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday!  Hi everyone!

Damaris - Sorry to hear about your dad.  Glad he will be OK.  Hooray for a new PR!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Evening all, finally checking in from the weekend.

The swearing in is as follows:

“I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States
                                Air Force do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and
                                defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and
                                domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take
                                this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
                                and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about
                                to enter. So help me God.”

As I am retired Army, I almost slipped up and said United States Army.

It was a fun time.  Mary was there as well and she did the pinning of his rank along with his father.