Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Well, it's warmed up to a balmy 19, as warm as it's going to get.  This run isn't going to do itself.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I was in a suit.  Not sure what happened with the flash for that pic

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Doug - Your pictures are nice. Thanks for sharing them.

Van - Just go get it over with (or not). I say that because ir's nowhere near 19 here.  Smile

Learningdaily - Happy Birthday to your little one. Enjoy your day with him/her.

Mike and Damaris - Hi!

Don't believe everything you think. 

I bailed on the run.  My right ribs have been hurting since the race on Sunday, and running really aggravates it.  Plus, the wind was blowing about 20 mph, so the wind chill was about 0.  I just said eff it and bagged.  Now I'm feeling guilty, but my right rib cage is killing me. Like I bruised the muscles around it or something.

Docket_Rocket

Van, and they are not broken?  Rest!

Doug, we need pics of you in the suit!  Are they in FB?

I spent 3 hours at a meeting that was supposed to last 5 minutes.  So, I ran only 2 miles because it was late and I was tired.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nothing that could have broken them, I think I must have just inflamed them somehow from the race.

Damaris, sounds like a long day.  I hate those types of meetings.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi kids.  Proud of myself I was able to get up at 4 am every day this week and got all my runs in.  Sometimes with a long travel week like this I skip a run.  Glad I'm heading home today.  And it is my Friday as I took tomorrow and Monday off since I havne't had a day off in forever.

So did the close happen yet Van or is that today?  Sorry on the rib.

Nice pics Doug

Waves to everyone else

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My lower back hurts a bit (sore).  I need my chiro tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

D are you out of alignment again?

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Probably, a bit.  I had a massage on Monday and that usually takes me out of alignment.  It's not bad.  I must have slept wrong.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Hey all!

Well, I went back to the doc yesterday and told her about the lingering aches and on/off elevated temp.  She said it may still be whatever virus I picked up earlier, but, this was now at the point where we needed to start investigating to rule out other things.  So, I went and visited the vampire, uh, I mean, phlebotomist, in the clinic lab and had about 4 vials of blood drawn.  Complete Blood Count with white cell differential (tells you how many of what kind of white cells are in circulation), Comprehensive Metabolic panel (liver and kidney function basically), Monospot (for Cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus), and Creatinine Kinase (marker for muscle damage/breakdown) are now pending.

If the results are way off, they will call me with the results by the end of the day today.  If they aren't that bad or are normal, then they'll just mail the results to me.  If all those labs are normal and I'm still hurting and having temps 3-4 weeks from now, then we draw more blood to look for autoimmune stuff, like Anti-Nuclear Antibodies (ANA) , Anti-Phospholipid Antibodies (APA), Sed Rate, etc.

And if that isn't a kick in the teeth, my temp was normal at the office yesterday, and this morning, it's up again.  Gaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!

Van - Good call.  Some extra rest won't hurt you a bit.  Let it heal.

Pam - Wow!  Hope you get a diagnosis.

Doug - Great pics!  Thank you for posting.

D - Hope you feel better.

Marjorie - Nice job on the early morning runs.  I need to get back to that once we get closer to spring.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Pam, don't know what to hope for, but for something that gives you an answer!

Hi, Mike.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Mike and Damaris - I know.  I  definitely don't want anything to be seriously wrong, but I feel like I'm losing my mind!  I just want AN answer at this point, even if it's bad.  Better if it's good, but I'm just tired of not feeling well and it's starting to mess with my head.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey peeps, back to work today.

Its not been fun but I am doing better on my caffeine intake so far.  Just 1 cup of coffee yesterday and 2 today.  Rather than my usual half pot of coffee.  No added sodium or soy sauce as well.