Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Allegra?  Interesting.  I'm on Zyrtec and have been off it for a few months but went back on it when the allergy shot started being a pain.  I think I read that it might be a side effect.  Are there alternatives?  Maybe Zyrtec?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

GET IT CHECKED, VAN!

LD, hope you don't get called.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - Many decongestants can raise b/p. the pressure usually comes back down when you stop the decongestant. And I'd go to the doc next week if you don't feel better by Monday.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van, perhaps you cracked a rib.  I have had those before and they are no fun and there is really nothing you can do but let it runs its course.  Now a broken rib that is a different story and you would be in a lot of pain.  The issue there would the ends not lining up and scraping or puncturing the lung it is supposed to correct.

Did not know that MCM sold out that fast.  I just looked them up and they have a field of 30K so 15K less than Chicago.  Not that that means the demand is any less though.  I saw on their website that I could sign up today for MCM if I wanted to run it despite the fact that official registration does not open until March 27th or something like that.  Today the registration opens for the military for the race.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Lights out last night at 2200, and I slept until about 0800. Yay!  Feel like I could sleep more. Definitely getting a nap before work tonight!

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

MCM sold before 5pm that day.  I remember getting home and being happy I had a computer at work because by the time I got home it was full.

Van, perhaps you cracked a rib.  I have had those before and they are no fun and there is really nothing you can do but let it runs its course.  Now a broken rib that is a different story and you would be in a lot of pain.  The issue there would the ends not lining up and scraping or puncturing the lung it is supposed to correct.

Did not know that MCM sold out that fast.  I just looked them up and they have a field of 30K so 15K less than Chicago.  Not that that means the demand is any less though.  I saw on their website that I could sign up today for MCM if I wanted to run it despite the fact that official registration does not open until March 27th or something like that.  Today the registration opens for the military for the race.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, and when I signed up for Berlin, it lasted months.  This year?  2.5 hours.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Did my first BP screen post doc visit today.  Tuesday at the doc my BP was 155/88 which he told me it could be up just from being sick but to take measures to cut back on caffeine and sodium.  Today at Walmart I used their screener and it was 118/84.  Checked it 2X and the second time was 118/83.  Not exactly positive that the doc office or the Walmart screener is right but I shall keep checking each weekend using the Walmart machine to keep some consistency at least.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Didn't get wet yesterday but got drenched today.  Tons of rain.  Yard has puddles all over the place.  We are several inches ahead for the year right now.  Took Hammy to puppy pool, cleaned and laundry done.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Weird.  My husband does not consider that super high (it is pre-high BP, no?)  I don't trust the computer screeners because they are not as accurate but unless she took your BP three times on separate occasions, one high reading does not mean you have high BP.

Did my first BP screen post doc visit today.  Tuesday at the doc my BP was 155/88 which he told me it could be up just from being sick but to take measures to cut back on caffeine and sodium.  Today at Walmart I used their screener and it was 118/84.  Checked it 2X and the second time was 118/83.  Not exactly positive that the doc office or the Walmart screener is right but I shall keep checking each weekend using the Walmart machine to keep some consistency at least.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, and my HM went horribly wrong.  I wanted to puke since Mile 4.  I walked at least half of it.  Still finished in 2:30 (easy pace), so I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Last time I was in to the doc it was 140 over something and the doc was not too concerned at the time since he said it is often elevated a bit from illness.  And the most recent time was 155 over 88 so having 2 readings 4 months apart like this there was slight concern and it was recommended that I track it and take steps towards reducing it naturally.  Easy ones are cut down on caffeine and sodium intake.  I already exercise and I am working on the weight loss thing (7.5 lbs lost so far for 2013).

I asked him about the machines and their accuracy and he recommended using the Walmart machine of a machine at Walgreens.  His reasoning was that since they are in the higher traffic areas they tend to maintained and calibrated better and more frequently.  I had considered getting a home use BP monitor but I kinda balked at the price tag on some of those things.

Categories for Blood Pressure Levels in Adults (measured in millimeters of mercury, or mmHg)

CategorySystolic (top number) Diastolic (bottom number)
                          Normal Less than 120 And Less than 80
                          Prehypertension 120–139 Or 80–89
                          High blood pressure      
                               Stage 1 140–159 Or 90–99
                               Stage 2 160 or higher Or 100 or higher

Good luck with the blood pressure Doug.  It's a process.

Marjorie, your wet run is more miles than I've been able to log all week.  And hope your dog gad a good bath!

Pam, nice sleep!

Damaris, sorry about the sucky race.  They happen, and given your schedule, seems pretty normal.

And without providing details, I've had one of the rougher professional days of my career.   Sorry, can't provide any details.  This too shall pass.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And no running again today.  We had a family birthday party to attend for my nephew tonight.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Madison announced their fees and a proposed route finally.  Race is on November 10th . . .  The day after Veterans . . .  which I am already signed up for.

$65 early bird special

Route:  http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/175870290

They just had the map so I mapped it at MapMyRun to get an elevation profile

Ah, I forgot that Madison moved their race.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.