Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Yo!  I'm enjoying a cup of coffee, some good breakfast, and watching the $25,000 pyramid.  20 miles is on the schedule.  But it's another cold, windy day.  Man I hate the wind.  I don't mind it for a short run, but 20 to 30 mph, with a wind chill of 12 is just pissing me off.  Hmm.  I may just load up the iPad and head to the gym and watch a couple of Netflix movies.

Be well folks.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Afternoon peeps!  1 more day of work then its the weekend.  The weekend cannot get here fast enough.

Enjoy your weekend Doug.  Just finished mine up, heading back on the night shift in 4 hours, better try to get down for a nap.  Fell short of my run today by a few miles, I was just too cold and miserable to finish it.  Meh.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey Kids  Just finished training in Orlando.

Had a great 16 miler this am.

NC thanks for the cliff notes on BL.  I knew they worked out an incredible amount.  They also have a therapy room to help with the aches an pains so they can get heat,massage etc.

Van is it where you sit (butt meeting the top of the thigh)  or is it in the middle of the butt cheak?  Where you sit do the yoga pose of legs up the wall.  It will help a lot.  If middle of butt it is the piriformis.  Sit with a golf ball or tennis ball in that spot.  Will hurt like hell but will loosen it up

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Have a good shift at work, Van!

Called the office today.  Labs were all normal, but I still feel cruddy, so no answers.  Phase 2 now starts: waiting to see if I feel better in a couple weeks or if I need to go back for more tests.  Sigh.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  It's good news but I wish they know what you have so they can kill it!

Feel better.

Have a good shift at work, Van!

Called the office today.  Labs were all normal, but I still feel cruddy, so no answers.  Phase 2 now starts: waiting to see if I feel better in a couple weeks or if I need to go back for more tests.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pam, I'm sure you were half thinking that there was something, and then, they would know how to fix it.  Good luck.  Sounds like it's just a virus that has to work itself out.

Marjorie, safe travels home. And I think my sore glute is related to a tight hamstring.  At least that's what it seems like.

I am struggling to stay awake this morning.  First night shift is always rough for me.  But then I get into a groove.  And Ambien helps.  I sure hope I sleep a solid 8 hours when I get off in another hour. That would be a good day!

Docket_Rocket

MORNING!  Hope that keeps Van awake.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van Legs up the wall is a great stretch and will help that a lot

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey peeps!

Well I just found out late this morning that I will be in for work tomorrow (Saturday) to work on a project that went critical this week.  No issues on my part or my companies part.  Mostly lack of forward planning on the client side of the project.  The execution team is ready to pull the plug and shit can the project right now unless the engineers and planners can convince them they can deliver the project completed on time.

Docket_Rocket

That sucks, Venom. Hope you get some time off soon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

It's always something Doug.  Good luck on the project.

I am awake. 7 1/2 hours of solid sleep, I'll take it.  Coffee and breakfast on board.  Just summoning the strength to get out for a run.  So tired of the cold.  Wind chill of 17 right now, with a 13-21 mph wind. Hoping for an easy 10.

Overcast

28°F

-2°C

• Humidity91%
                              • Wind SpeedNW 13 G 21 mph
                              • Barometer30.28 in
                              • Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
                              • Visibility10.00 mi
                              • Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Marjorie, I will look that up.  I think Legs up the wall is also supposed to be a relaxing pose too.  Right now, I'm stretching the hamstring quite a bit and that's helping.  Rolling my buttcheek really helps too.

Pam, maybe it's just the winter blahs, it will be nice when it finally warms up enough that we can start airing out the house.

Damaris, cheers to sequester.  Meh.  It doesn't affect us much, I'm an emergency employee so not subject to furlough on this one, but they are cutting out our awards budget.  Fine by me, I'd rather keep a 40 hour week with no furlogh days and not get any cash awards.

Shrimp tonight for dinner.  Yum.