Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

D - Pinch zoom on your phone.  The screen is of limited size, so there are limitations.

Doug - Yes, for once I wish some congress critters would grow a pair and be courageous.  Doing the right thing should be the focus instead of worrying about re-election chances.

That is not going to happen.  Otherwise, Congress might actually work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

D - I know.  Scary thought isn't it?  What if someone got elected and didn't care about getting re-elected?  They would be free to do what's right instead of what they're told.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waves. I have to expand on my phone to see too. But on the computer it is fine.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Howdy ho Marjorie

Well DAS is home, that's dumb ass son if you were wondering.  AND they got an apartment today so they are off on their own now.  I still think she is running a game on him but he is too naive to figure that out.  I just don't want to be a grandpa anytime soon because they cannot afford to get preggers and I don't exactly want to be raising grandchildren.   BUT when that happens you better damn well believe I will be pulling grandpa's revenge every chance I get.  grandpa's revenge is to fill the kid full of sugar and Mountain Dew about 20 minutes before sending them home.  That way the spinning top just begins to spin as they load them up in the car.

Got a phone call a little bit ago from them asking what we were up to for dinner.  Well this that and the other but we won't be home tonight.  They were already trying to invite themselves over for dinner since they don't have food in the apartment yet and the gas gets turned on Friday.  Told him to order a pizza.  Can't afford it was the answer.  Then head to the store and get some food - mooch.  I did not call him a mooch but I felt like it.

Texted him that it would be a good time to go meet the future in-laws and with any luck get a meal out of it.

Sadly I see us supporting his butt for a while unless we do the tough love situation.  I don't have a problem with supporting my son, just don't want to support the dingbat fiance.

Need to run tonight and pound out some aggression I guess.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, Doug.  That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice new feature about coming in at the last spot you were at.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Nice new feature about coming in at the last spot you were at.  

Somebody from RWOL asked eric about it and he installed it.  Pretty quickly too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Doug--At least he hasn't married her yet. My young nephew just married and that shit's forever, yo. Or horribly messy to untangle if you decide it's NOT forever.

Docket_Rocket

I laugh at the stupidity of youth, until I remember I married at 23 and shouldn't have lasted this long but hey, it has.

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  I'm in the office today.  Got a few things to catch up on.  Goal is to work until 3 or 4 and then boogie.

When we got married my wife was 21.  There were some rough patches but we've made it this far.  In February it will be 18 years.

Run!  Just Run!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yeah but you guys dated before getting engaged and now living together right?

They skipped the whole dating thing and went straight to engaged and living together.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wow Doug!

I'm in the office too.  I have a 1.5 hour conference call here in a bit.  

DH and I met in Jan at a super bowl party in 1992, we got engaged in March and married in Sept 1992 and have been married for over 20 years.  But we knew it was just right and he fits in my family perfectly (seriously my folks would call to talk to him and wouldn't even ask to speak to me and they met him but I wasn't there when they met---April before the wedding when they met for the first time).  DH was in PA on some military thing so wasn't in NC when my folks came down for Easter so they met him on their way back to Michigan.  We didn't live together before we got married either.  But it has all worked out really near perfect

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Yeah but you guys dated before getting engaged and now living together right?

They skipped the whole dating thing and went straight to engaged and living together.

Well, not really.  I started dating him at the end of January and he moved in by April.  We got married in September but it was just a formality (to get our Army benefits and stuff).  Otherwise, we would still be living together without getting married.  So, to me, our "marriage" started in April.

So much for not giving out on the first date, eh? My mom was wrong! Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

My wife and I started out just doing stuff as friends as part of larger group of friends.  9 months later we were married.  I guess we just knew it was right.

Doug - You are right to be skeptical though.  I would be wondering what's up as well.

Run!  Just Run!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris so you were similar to me and my DH then!  As was MJ.  Pretty cool.  It doesn't happen that often so I like that I'm not alone here......Wink

Marjorie