Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Van--My BMI is 23.4, which is normal for my height. You should see how buff I am now! Big grin

So have you seen a big increase in speed?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

We did a workout today, one lap of squats, 200 pushups, 150 situps, 100 4 count flutter kicks

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Van--I have seen a decrease in my "easy" pace, over what I've struggled with since the knee sprain, but so far it's not much faster than my easy pace from a couple years ago. However, I am doing more mileage, plus circuit training twice a week, so I feel like my overall fitness HAS improved. The proof is in the pudding, however--we'll see how I do at the Eugene Marathon!!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Awesome!

We did a workout today, one lap of squats, 200 pushups, 150 situps, 100 4 count flutter kicks

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Top of the morning to y'all!!

Don't believe everything you think. 

Heather, good luck in Eugene, I've heard nice things about that race.

Gmorning Damaris and NC.

Won't be enough hours in the day today.  Running around doing some errands, have to pack, run, and then work this evening until midnight.  And leaving at the BCOD for Kentucky tomorrow.  Better get moving.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks guys.  I know I should not run that many miles but I'm really liking it right now.  My usual was 65 to 70.  Now it seems 80 is my normal.  I'll have to evaluate and see if I like it at the 80 mark.  As long as I can still do some speed work and not die I may keep it in the 80's for this marathon cycle.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I still remember when I met Marjorie at one of Van's challenges.  She ran a lot of miles that month (above 300).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

yep I'm typically a 300 mile a month girl.  Now I will drop down on some months.  A challenge going on I will always kick it up.  One reason I haven't done the 2013 or other year long games as it tends to make me run even further....

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Afternoon everyone.  Eating lunch and warming up right now.  Spent 3 hours out on 1 of the process units this morning looking at 1 of the next jobs we will be doing.

Sounds a little chilly Doug.

Crew_Dawg

Good evening! I cant beleive my first week of tech school is done!

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Docket_Rocket

Woot, Neil!

I had a nosebleed and asthma during my run (not an attack, just that the breathing was compromised).  I still did 10.  But bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page