Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.  At the airport to go home.

Van meant to ask what your take is on all this media hoopla about the European models being better on the weather predictions and the US being so far behind.

Marjorie

Morning, all!

If I have to talk to my 16-year-old ONE MORE TIME about keeping his grades up I will commit hara kiri with a blunt pen knife just to end the torture.

In other news, my sacro-iliac joint is being a bitch. It is only on the left side, and I've been in PT for about a month now. I have a SI-brace that I am now wearing during my work shifts, and my PT told me to wear it even when I cross-train in the pool! If it doesn't get significantly better by the end of April, I may have to consign my next marathon to the "Might Have Been" pile. As it is I am going to lightly jog in Sunday's Shamrock Run wearing my sparkly green tutu and barely breaking a sweat. Joking

Still, I am excited because yesterday she gave me some new ab exercises that really astonished me--working the transverse and obliques, which in spite of my abs' definition ARE TOTALLY WEAK AND PUNY. So my "core" strength, where it counts and with the muscles that will actually WORK to stabilize that joint, is actually quite lame no matter how flat my tummy looks right now.

This annoys me.

What's everyone else up to today?

Pam, it's well past morning now, so good evening!

Marjorie, The European computer model seems to have a better track record in later days, 4, 5, 6, or 7 days out.  But the American models (about a dozen of them) are all better in the short term over the US.  And getting the short term stuff is more important to me as an operational forecaster worried about what to forecast for the next 72 hours.

Heather, hope the PT, brace, and exercises work.

Another 10 hour day today at work, and now on the upswing of a 4 day weekend, although it's my last 4 day weekend until next fall.  Boo.  Got a nice 7 mile run in, some dinner with muh wife, and now enjoying a beer.  I've got a crapton of miles to run over the next 4 days, including a trail half marathon on Saturday that I really don't care about.  Oh well.  Have a great weekend everyone, will catch ya here again.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

That's what I was thinking, although whoever told me this course is flat was probably on drugs.

Good morning.

NC - hope you are doing ok.  We've only FB chatted with our daughter once, but she was healthy and happy and enjoying her trip.

Neil, I agree, we should just do away with tests and never have to do them again.

Damaris, enjoy your vacation!  The rest will probably do you some good for your race.

Getting a slow start here.  Ugh.  Need to get moving.  Have a great day everyone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Sorry all, still a time consuming job while I am in school.  Hope all is well in IMTPT this world.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

G'morning! Coffee and breakfast onboard.  Ready to run a couple of hours.  My wife is taking off at Noon today, we are driving down to the local winery to sit out on on the patio and enjoy a sunny day with highs in the 60s.  A mid afternoon date with my wife, we haven't done that in forever!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Saw the doc yesterday. Four more vials of blood drawn and sent to the clinic and hospital labs. Waiting to hear back on my thyroid levels and autoimmune markers.  Specific plan of  attack to be decided after the results are in.

In other news, my adoptive mom was in town yesterday and took me out for a nice lunch. We all went to DS 1's second grade play after supper. It was cute!  He didn't have a speaking part or solo, but he sure gave it his all in the chorus!

Relentless forward progress

Morning, everyone!

Pam--What's up with the blood levels? Are you feeling worn down??

Van--Enjoy the 4-day weekend! You've gotta suck all the marrow out of life while you have the chance, my friend. I was really impressed with your trail marathon time--hope the half is just as fun!

Neil--Hang in there! School generally tends to suck. I'm supposed to be cracking the books for my RNC exam and I am TOTALLY unmotivated. Smile

Damaris--Just keep thinking "This is a flat course, this is a flat course!" as you run. I'm sure it will alter reality. Big grin hee hee

Welp, I worked last night, was sent home early, woke early to get the boys ready for school (mostly by shouting,"BOYS!!! It's 6:30!! GET READY FOR SCHOOOOOOL!!" from underneath my pillow), and then went back to sleep till the dog woke me at 8:30. Now coffee is halfway infused and I plan on a light jog and to swing by the community center on the way back to do some elliptical miles as well. Gotta keep up the ol' cardiovascular fitness thing.

I did my PT ab exercises yesterday and this morning my gut feels like jell-o. I AM SO WEAK!! Cry

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hiya.

Interesting Van.  That is what I thought but good to get a meteorologists opinion.

Waves to everyone else.  i went a bit nuts on my run today since I took yesterday off so I had a lot of energy......Pilates later as well.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Heather - I've basically not felt well since early January.  Constant body aches, no energy, elevated temp, with occasional headaches, sore throat, dizziness and nausea, etc.  So far, we've ruled out mono, influenza, and strep throat.  The remaining differential diagnoses are: hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, autoimmune disease, or worsening depression.  I'm not sold on the depression option, as I've been stable on my Zoloft for 6 years and my mood is okay.  I know you can have physical symptoms with depression, but I highly doubt being depressed would make my temp be 99.2-99.7 every goddamn day when I normally run cool (like 98.0).

Pam, I hope you get some answers. And that sounds like a good day yesterday.

Marjorie, you went nuts on your run?  Naw, just normal.  Smile

Heather, jello glutes.  Uh, keep working, and they'll be abs of steel soon enough.

Neil, good luck with the studying.  Thought you might have more time out there and less worries.  Just keep swimming.

Pam--Sounds autoimmune-y. Sad Keep us posted. <hugs>

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Pam--Sounds autoimmune-y. Sad Keep us posted. <hugs>

Right now, I'm hoping it's my thyroid.  Barring that, my next "choice" would be the depression (even though I highly doubt that's what's going on), then fibromyalgia, then autoimmune.  From what I've read, fibro sucks, but you can learn to live with it.  Autoimmune stuff like lupus can make you get off the ride of life early depending on which body systems are affected and how badly.

Thanks for the hugs.  I'll definitely keep you posted.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I did 15.7 so just a bit of a longish easy run......Oh and I found $20 laying on the side of the road.  So hey, if I hadn't done a longer route I'd not have found that money!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi. Touring LA today.  Not sure if I'll run.  Feeling jealous of Marjorie.

LD, I can't believe you're still goong through this.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page