Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hey crew, long ass day.  Sleepy time.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Trail half marathon is done, 1:54 and change.  I placed 17 out of 110, and 3rd in my age group.  I'm happy with that. It had a whopping 70 feet of elevation ascent. Especially with running 15 miles yesterday, with no taper. :jawdrop:  DD gets home tonight about 8.  Excited to see her and hear about her trip.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Van.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good luck tomorrow Damaris.

The thread is deserted today.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I haven't been here because I've been busy pissing people off.

Van - Well done.  Congrats on your third place.   Smile   I'm sure your daughter had a great time and you and your wife will get an earful.  Lol

Damaris -  Good luck tomorrow and have fun. How do you like LA?

Don't believe everything you think. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.  Another busy Saturday.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. Wild night last night at work. And now tonight I'm home on call....

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Evening all!

Just sitting here enjoying some moonshine.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Got called in after midnight, but had a nice admit that wasn't too demanding.  Getting ready for bed.

Checked the mail from yesterday, and found a letter from the clinic.  Thyroid stuff is all normal. Waiting to hear on the autoimmune markers, as those are the ones that had to be sent out and take longer to get back.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey folks.  Nice long run today.  Spring has sprung here  as the azaleas are in full bloom (I'm allergic to the flowers so I was careful on the paths not to brush up against them) and our Bradford pears are about 3/4 full of their white blooms.  It was 75 when I finished my run.

I get to now relax and just recover from the 23 miles I did.  Hope everyone else has a good day.

Marjorie

G'day.

NC, DD had a wonderful time in Japan.  Super happy for her to have have that experience.

Pam, more waiting.  Hope you're feeling better.

Doug, moonshine is good.  Especially apple pie.

Marjorie, I love spring flowering trees, but I'm allergic as well.

I'm sitting at 93.8 miles for the previous 9 days.  My recover run tonight is going to be a 10k, no matter what.

G'morning.  Getting a slow start today, Ima dragging muh tale today. 4 day weekends are tough, LOL, I swear, it's easier to just go to work. Be well folks.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van at least the main tress I'm not allergic to.  But there are tons of Azaleas here.  I get a nice rash if I contact them or if it is really windy and it stirs up their pollen.  From time to time some other outdoor things will get to me.  Luckily not too often.  I guess when I was 3 I played by a blooming Rhododendron and had a wonderful rash.  I wasn't allowed near blooming bushes for years and years after that.

Safe travels back to the East Coast Damaris!

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well the shine is gone and now I need to buy some more.

Van, apple pie, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fun ride in to work today.  Sucks for them but thankfully the people up ahead of me found the black ice and slowed everyone down.  I was westbound and came around a corner and had to jamb on the brakes.  2 cars in the wall on the left, 1 car in the wall to the right which snarled us up to 5MPH.  Like I said sucks for them but good for me as it slowed me down or I would have played pinball on the ice as well.  Eastbound was closed in the same spot.  I counted no less than 5 cars banged around on the eastbound side.  Cops on scene and the ambulances still on their way.  It was pretty fucked up looking