Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Good morning!  Spring is springing, except we're expecting snow on Thursday, and then again Sat/Sun.  Ugh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well for my first day of spring, it was 20 on the drive in to work.  High of 24 with flurries in the forecast for today . . . . the first day of spring.  The 10 day forecast is NOT spring conditions either.

Well played mother nature, well played.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Oh and I am signed up for a half in May.

May 4th I will be running the Indy Mini.  Biggest half in the USA with a field size of 35,000.  Start area is MASSIVE with 26 starting corrals.  I should be up in G or H I am expecting so the 7th or 8th corral from the front.  Coolest part of the race is we will run a lap at the Brickyard (Indy 500 raceway) and then back towards downtown for the finish.  Start is about a block south of military park and just across the river from the Indy Zoo.  MANY MANY MANY bands will be set up on the route playing for us as well.

If you have a spare 4:30, here is the course video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNORm3wU4Q

Sounds cool Doug.  Are you still doing Crossroads next month?

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Doug!

I had to rush Trixie to the vet last night.  We came back home at 10pm with meds so I'm happy it was nothing major but she worried me.  My friend was there with her dog having being hit by a car, so I hope she made it through the night.  I woke up with a headache and with barely any sleep.  I am hoping to sleep before my 50K, at least.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yep, still running Crossroads on 4/14.  Seems that course is always uphill into the wind no matter which cardinal direction you are going.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good luck on your upcoming races, Doug!

Damaris - Glad Trixie will be okay.

Morning to all.

Relentless forward progress

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Received my appointment card in the mail a bit ago. I see the rheumatologist one week from today at 1340.

I really hope they can pinpoint what is going on now!

Marjorie

Damaris, hope your cat is ok.

Docket_Rocket

She was fine this morning.

I think I am sick or I need to sleep.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Almost done for the day.  Time to go face the Fucktard 500 on the drive home.

We have our Japanese exchange student coming tomorrow for 4 days.  I'm nervous and excited.

Docket_Rocket

Have fun, Van.

I think I'm sick.  Mostly asthma since I feel so exhausted.  Bah.  With two days before my ultra, this came at a bad time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - Should be interesting with the exchange student!

Damaris - The hay is in the barn. Rest, sleep, and feel better!!

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Morning everyone!

Pam - Good luck. Hopefully you're one step closer to finding something out.

Doug - That race sounds like a lot of fun. There are two races here (that I know of..there might be more) that you run on a NASCAR track. I've ran one of them a couple times. Its kind of cool being down on the track looking up at the stands. I've been in the stands a lot so its neat to see the place from a different view.

Damaris - Hope you feel better soon. Glad your cat is okay.

Van - I'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun with your exchange student.  That will be an nice experience for all of you.

Mike - Hi!  Don't work too hard.

Marjorie - Hi!

For everyone with cold temps/snow...I wish some of my nice weather your way.     Smile

Don't believe everything you think.