Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

30 minutes left of fucking off this week. Or at least 30 minutes of PAID fucking off this week.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I feel great now and ready to run tomorrow.  Except I am the vet again with Trixie ill!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Get your weekend clothes on people because it's FRIDAY!!  Big grin

Damaris - I hope it's nothing serious with your cat.

Don't believe everything you think. 

It's Friday night but I'm at work.  Bah.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I just paid $700 to be told my cat was dehydrated and puked 10 times because of that.  Better than the option (pancreatitis), so I am happy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

At work, large and in charge, expecting a train wreck of a transport to roll in within 20 minutes, and no one on call tonight. Are we having fun yet??

Relentless forward progress

Have a good shift Pam.

Damaris, we went through that with one of our dogs.  Pets can be so expensive.

Docket_Rocket

DNS the ultra.  Trixie is back at the vet after nothing they did helped.  I looked at her this morning and took my running clothes off and took her in.  She is now at the hospital getting fluids.  They still suspect dehydration, but they are now thinking of a blockage or tumor.  Hope it is neither!

Morning!  Anybody racing this weekend (besides canceled ultra me)?

Van, I have two ultras to choose from for next month.  One is in mid April, which will let me recover for PR.  But it's of a longer distance (loops of 25).  I would have plenty of time to finish since all runners start at the same time and it's a 25/50/75/100.  The other one is one week from PR and it has a time limit and it's a trail 50K.  Thoughts?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

( Damaris )

Survived the shift in better shape than I thought we would. Gonna hit the hay shortly.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Did you go to the doctor already?  I missed it if you did....

( Damaris )

Survived the shift in better shape than I thought we would. Gonna hit the hay shortly.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, sorry about kitty.  Regarding the race, really couldn't advise.  Only you can make that decision.  I will say, if you're not in trail shape, a trail race can be tougher than you think.   Although I suspect your trails may not be like my trails that have hundreds of feet of elevation change.

Docket_Rocket

Both are trails, though.  Either way, they are flat, not the elevation that you're used to.  I can start doing my LRs at the trail we have here which is way more technical than either of those.  Or at least one of the two weekend runs at the trail.

Damaris, sorry about kitty.  Regarding the race, really couldn't advise.  Only you can make that decision.  I will say, if you're not in trail shape, a trail race can be tougher than you think.   Although I suspect your trails may not be like my trails that have hundreds of feet off elevation n change.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say that, I think I could finish but it might not be my best 50 miler, KWIM?  I have 3 weeks to train a bit and relax (I have not run in two weeks with the exception of the LAM).  Next week there is a fun run of up to 100K.  Maybe I should attempt 30-35 miles there before I decide?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I think I'd choose the 50k.

Docket_Rocket

That is my initial gut feeling, but it has an 8 hour cutoff and I'm not sure I can make it.  I would hate to lose any credit for the maniacs.  This one is closer though and I can even drive the 1.5 hours on race day if needed.  I'll have to travel and stay there on the other one.  But a friend of mine will be doing the 50 miler too so I will have some crew support.  Ugh.

I think I'd choose the 50k.

Damaris

Fundraising Page