Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

I just noticed the 50K is one week prior to when I thought, which gives me enough time to recover for PR.  I think I am decided, but not until I do my fun run next week and see how long can I run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey peeps! Had to run in the afternoon as my daughter had a Taekwondo tournament this morning. Small tournament so they had to mix the boys and girls together. 2 girls, 3 boys all blackbelt recommended or 1st deg blackbelts in her ring. She tookl 1st in sparing, 2nd in combat weapons, 3rd in traditional weapons, and Songham Spirit award in forms. She got lost in her form and traditional weapon otherwise she likely would have placed higher.

As for my run, 10.1 miles @ a 9:04 pace. Now its time to rest up as i get ready to go long on Sunday.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Doug's DD.  And the run.

OK, OK, I signed up for the 50K!  It starts at 5:45am 1.5 hours from here.  Will try to stay in WPB but if not, I guess I'm driving.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Hi all, 6.3 for me today and I was spent Sad  I hope rinnomg

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Crew_Dawg

So my phone doesn't like this site much. That last part was supposed to say running gets better

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Damaris - I haven't had my appointment yet. That's on Tues afternoon. Last night, I was just worried we'd have more/sicker patients than we could handle. Ended up being okay, though.

Relentless forward progress

Doug, congrats to your daughter!

Neil, you'll get it back in time.

Damaris, that's an early start.  Id probably drive over the night before.

Pam, hope you finally get some answers.

Well, it was a rest day for me, but I'm more tired than if I have run. Going non stop since about 7 am.  Very tired.  Running long tomorrow once I drop our exchange student off.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

You're phone is going to hate the RWOL mobile version then.  It fucking sucks.

So my phone doesn't like this site much. That last part was supposed to say running gets better

Van, I am thinking about that, but not sure if I can.  Depends on our schedules.  DH wants to drive there to meet me to go to the water park.  He seriously think I can walk after the 8 hour 50K, silly boy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I'm not sure I'd be up to going to a water park after a 50k.  Well, unless they have a lazy river.

Docket_Rocket

They do!  Maybe I should park myself there?

I'm not sure I'd be up to going to a water park after a 50k.  Well, unless they have a lazy river.

We saw Olympus Has Fallen.  Very good movie.  Trixie got her ultrasound today and was all drugged up and not very happy.  We'll have results tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I think Doug saw that movie over the weekend too.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yep, Olympus was pretty kick ass of a movie!

FINALLY got out for my LR today.  21.5 miles.  Now I am eating us out of house and home.

Damn good weekend of running for me towards operation Iridium.  10.1 on Saturday 21.5 on Sunday; 9:50 avg pace for the weekend

Docket_Rocket

Yes it was.  Nice run!

When is your next race?  I know you told me but I forgot!

Yep, Olympus was pretty kick ass of a movie!

FINALLY got out for my LR today.  21.5 miles.  Now I am eating us out of house and home.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone.  Floors done in the master bedroom. Cleaned out everything before it went back in the room so lots of stuff to donate.  Mostly from dh as it is not easy for me to get him to go through things.  I twisted his arm and he complied!  Had new comforter set and new area rug that went in  Yesterday I then went and got new pillows, new curtains for the master bath, new towels, bunches of other things.  Took a packed car worth of stuff to charity.  Today was long run and laundry.  Then cleaned then cleaned the 2nd spare room as we store a lot of our things in totes in that closet.  Got that all reviwed.  Very little to give away.  I check each tote every few years so there is little to change.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

April 6th is a 5K with my daughter, April 14th is a marathon that is hella hilly.