Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are.

Marriage is fairly easy to get out of if both parties agree to not fight it.  My wife's sister just went through a divorce.  They have kids, a house, and all the trimmings.  They agreed to joint custody of the kiddos, she agreed to give up some things, he agreed to give up the house, etc and wala, easy peasy it's over.  Seemed too easy, but then it also seemed the right thing to do to not squabble about it and make everyone miserable. 

Doug, I hope it works for your son.  And if it doesn't, he's a man, and will have to stand up and take responsibility for his actions.  I know I've made mistakes in my life, but they were my mistakes to make.  Sometimes it's the only way to learn. 

Kind of bummed about the school shootings, and that mass casualty shootings are becoming a common thing.  Ugh.  The world has a lot of messed up a**holes.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I agree.  Very sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The school thing is terrible. When I was in school no one would have ever thought of doing this. So much has changed that schools are killing zones

Marjorie

kitteh

I work in a kindergarten, so this kinda hits close to home. I've been trying not to think about it all day because its just too horrible. But then randomly images of my own students pop into my head and I just can't imagine how those poor families are going to be able to cope.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

My wife is also a teacher and is taking this pretty hard.  Her school is very locked down and secure, but they still do intruder drills so the kids know what to do.  Life goes on for the living though, but it also makes wonder when is the next one...

Docket_Rocket

It is very sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hope you are all well today! 

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Starting dinner in a few minutes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Evening all. Went caroling at an assisted living facility today with the family and some friends. We all had a great time and the residents seem to enjoy our singing.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well some of the moving is done with the boy.  Today we finish gutting his room of the furniture.  Glad the bed comes apart and can be carried up in pieces.  NOT looking forward to moving the couch we are giving him since it is a hideaway.

2nd floor apartments suck.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Just got back from my 5 miler race. New PR albuterol free. Mike, thanks for bringing some joy to them. Doug, you are a good father for helping.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Yo!   It snowed here today, but melted as it fell.  

l have eaten way too much junk this weekend.  Ugh.  

And I still don't have the holiday spirit  this year.  

Docket_Rocket

What is this holiday spirit you speak of?

I have a huge migraine and have been in bed most of the day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Do you take any meds? 

Docket_Rocket

Not normally, but today I had to.  They have been increasing in numbers lately.  I'll bet you one of my (300) medications has a side effect for headaches.

Damaris

Fundraising Page