Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hey crew.  24.5 miles in the sunshine for me today.  I may have tweaked my knee a bit.  Will know tomorrow I guess.  It was a beautiful afternoon for sure though.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy oh how I've missed you.  Yeah, I know, not summer, but it's still good.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Trixie drank some tuna mid day and just now a bit of the fishy food I put out.  She just licks for a minute and is done.  Is this normal?  She's been sleeping off whatever she didn't sleep at the vet, she seems alerts, but does nothing else.  And, after all, her illness was stomach related, so I guess it takes time?  I'm not worried but I am.

I went out to run and left her a bowl of water and somebody drank it while I ran.  ALl other cats were asleep downstairs.  I think she drank it, which is good, but I cannot prove it.  Haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hopefully she continues to recover.

Docket_Rocket

At midnight I heard somebody eating from the bowl and it was her!  And she cuddled in bed with me for hours (that's how she usually sleeps).  She fell when she jumped on the bed but still...

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Good news about the kitty D!

Short day today only 8 hours but then I go to the eye doctor's.  Doc loves to dilate my eyes to look in so I am not sure if i am going to want to run tonight.  Would like to but we shall see if i can see.  I might decline the dilation since I have to drive my own ass home.  I think her process just gives me saucer eyes and does not impact my ability to see to drive.

Going to be an expensive visit since I want/need new contacts and glasses.  Just hope I have not stepped up to the point I need bifocals.  If that is the case i will get bifocal glasses and regular contacts and a cheap pair of cheaters.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good news about the kitty, D!

Good luck at the eye doc, Doug.

Nice run, Van!!

I'm trying to convince youngest to get dressed so we can go to the gym for me to walk on the treadmill. He's not being very enthusiastic.

Relentless forward progress

Pam, you're the mommy. Tell him to get dressed.  Smile Hope the walk is good.

Doug, good luck with the eyes.  I always decline the Dilation.  Hate that.

Damaris Sounds like kitty is getting better.

Got ragged on by my wife this morning.  She always wakes me up at the BcOD to ask silly questions, and she wonders why I get so grumpy.  Let me sleep and talk to me when I  wake up on my own instead of waking me up for no reason.  Sorry I'm being grumpy, but she just doesn't get it and thinks its perfectly ok to wake me up whenever it's convenient for her.  Ok, time for coffee. Will test the knee later on.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Van.  My mom used to wake me up early in the morning, to ask whether I had seen her comb or some inane shit I care less about! Hello?  is the house on fire?

I remember my grandmother used to call our house every Sunday at 6-7am.  She asked my dad what he was doing.  He was like what do you think?  Playing basketball!  That was the end of the early phone calls.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.  Getting plane tickets now for going to get stuff from my dad's home.  Best thing to do to avoid working.....

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My brother lives in LA so he is 2 hours behind me.  Used to never fail to call me after 11PM my time.  So I called him a few times at 7AM his time on the weekends.  No more late night calls from him after that.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - He eventually got dressed and the walk was wonderful!!!  I had to really hold myself back and not go faster.  I feel okay for now.  We'll see in the next 24 hours or so if I overdid things or if 30 minutes at a moderately brisk walk is within my current comfort zone.

You guys and phone calls!  Reminds me of another RN I work with and her ex.  She would work a night, and then he'd call her at noon or 1 pm when he was on lunch to ask her to run an errand, what she wanted for supper, etc.  She tried talking to him about how that was the middle of her night and it really wrecked her sleep when he called like that.  Finally, one night when J was working, SHE called HIM on her lunch break at about 0200 to ask him what he was doing and if he wouldn't mind doing x,y,z later that day.  He never called her in the middle of a day of sleeping again.

Relentless forward progress

Yo everyone.  My knee is sore, but I think I caught it in time.  It was my body's way of telling me to be cautious and stretch more.  I'm listening.  Still got 10 today, but need to keep up with my routine to stay loose.

Docket_Rocket

Hope it gets resolved soon, Van.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

No dilation for the eyes, YEAH!!!!!!

Its been about 2.5 years since last visit to the eye doc.  She said my prescription changed but not much.  I have been going there since 2008? and my glasses are actually a bit older than that.  My vision has changed enough now that I do need new glasses so those have been ordered.  Updated my contact prescription and got a free trial pair.  I will be ordering new contacts here next month.

SOOOO glad I have vision insurance.  Today for the exam and new glasses would have been about $650 but instead it was a bit over $200.

And since I was not Mr saucer eye I went ahead and hit the gym tonight for 6 miles.