Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Well, inadvertently, I'm on a running streak.  13 days so far, might as well see how long this can go. My previous streak was 155 days back in 2010.  Back then, I said I'd never streak again.  Of course, I say I'll never do a lot of running related things again, yet, I do. Stupid is as stupid does.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning!  Waited to run because of rain. it has stopped so I should go run now n

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have no internet at the house and Comcast has no idea why.  They are, however, sending a fucking technician on Sunday to make sure the cables are properly hooked.  Yeah, like we are morons and just disconnected them somehow from 1:35pm when the internet went down to the time of the call.  Idiots.

Yay for more meds, Doug.

Van, enjoy the streak.

Marjorie, you are still doing the marathon right?  It does not conflict?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Morning, guys. Looks like it's going to be gray all day today, but very little chance of rain and in the mid-50's.  I have some blue daisy-like flowers and daffodils that are brightening my front door, and the bluebells I transplanted have already started blossoming! I am thrilled! (Bluebells are my favorite flower). My work week starts tonight so I am trying to rest and enjoy myself as much as possible before we get slammed.

Damaris--That's typical of Comcast. VERY frustrating. Hope that waiting around for the technician doesn't eat up too much of your day, especially on the weekend!

Doug--How's the bronchitis? If a second Z-pack doesn't work, they may have to culture your throat to find which antibiotics the crud is vulnerable to. Feel better! Sad

Van--I am jealous of your streak.

I get to have my cortisone shot next Thursday, and in the meantime I'm still on the oral steroids, NSAIDs, and blah blah blah. I won't take the Xanax the doc gave me to counteract the jumpiness--too strong!--so I basically feel like I'm crazy and about to leap out of my own skin. Also like screaming loudly might be a good idea. I am not a good patient.

I am trying these McKenzie exercises for the herniated disc that a friend of mine swears by. Anyway, they've been around for about 50 years and they certainly can't hurt. I still haven't seen my PT since the diagnosis, but this means a complete change in the approach to my therapy, which I am sure will be annoying for the poor woman.

Welp, guess I better get my second cuppa joe! Later, taters. Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep still doing Hatfield and McCoy marathon. It is the week before.

Dh cannot go to the wedding. The 15th is locked. They cannot even trade with someone else as there is a conference going on and people already off. So the day is blocked from more taking off and no shift changes/trades allowed.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Heather - I had to be on oral steroids about 10 years ago when I broke out in hives head to toe from Clomid. I wouldn't say I was jumpy, but man , I was wired!!  I seriously went almost three days with no sleep because I was so awake!  Hope the shot works for you.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Afternoon all!  What a boring ass day here at work.

Might go to the field just to kill some of the boredom in a little while.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm going to scream.  Really.  Rant ahead:

Dad thinks it is fine that my dh cannot come to the wedding, and thinks it is perfectly fine that he is pissing off my brother as he said so.  Yes you can have your wedding when ever you want that is fine but realize telling your family 70 days from the date, not everyone can just roll over and magically be there.  His grandson is going to summer camp for scouts that weekend.  It is already paid for etc and wow just wow so may not be able to be there either.  Depends on when they have to leave.  And he doesn't think his grandkids should be even a bit upset that he gave away one of his dogs and they didn't get to say good bye.  Geesh.  He is doing everything to accommodate his fiance's family but is pushing his own family away pretty fast.  I was really ready to lay into him but held my tongue.  That was really hard to do too.

/rant

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Maybe he should just do the wedding himself and not invite anybody.  Why should you even bother helping since his mind is made up?

I'm going to scream.  Really.  Rant ahead:

Dad thinks it is fine that my dh cannot come to the wedding, and thinks it is perfectly fine that he is pissing off my brother as he said so.  Yes you can have your wedding when ever you want that is fine but realize telling your family 70 days from the date, not everyone can just roll over and magically be there.  His grandson is going to summer camp for scouts that weekend.  It is already paid for etc and wow just wow so may not be able to be there either.  Depends on when they have to leave.  And he doesn't think his grandkids should be even a bit upset that he gave away one of his dogs and they didn't get to say good bye.  Geesh.  He is doing everything to accommodate his fiance's family but is pushing his own family away pretty fast.  I was really ready to lay into him but held my tongue.  That was really hard to do too.

/rant

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I really should D!  So hard because I wasn't raised that way.  but blaming my brother for stuff he is getting out of hand.  Twin is clueless but it was not twin that gave the dog away and didn't tell the GKs.  It was not twin that wanted his 15 yo grandson to help him this week when on spring break but didn't ask him until end of last week and is mad because a teenager is busy!  idk I'm just smh over all this.  He is forgetting his own family and so into bonding with his new family to be he is pushing us away.  He has met all her family but seems to think it is fine she has met none of ours.

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

I fucking hate being an old ass lieutenant so

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Tell us how you really feel Neil.

Damaris, good luck with your Internet.

Marjorie, the whole thing sounds like a big headache.  Your dad should just get married, and whomever can go can go, and whomever can't can't.  I know that's too simple, but that's the way I see things sometimes.

Heather, good luck, hope you can do whatever you can do to avoid surgery.

Doug, a nice stroll through the yard probably felt great!

Yo Pam.

Hey Mike, long time no see, you're almost out free!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I spent one hour with Comcast trying to activate the modem and this time I got intelligent people.  Man, yesterday they had morons.  We were able to solve their issue (of course it was theirs).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good morning!

Used car shopping is so much fun . . .NOT!  My Saturn Vue has 162,000 miles on it.  While I would think nothing to drive t to Alaska and back because its in decent shape, I still must come to terms with the fact it has 162,000 miles on it.

What I want and what we need are not the same creature at the moment.

What we need is something that can be flat-towed with our motorhome but what I want is a low mileage 2004 - 2007 BMW 3 series.  Cannot buy what I want right now so we must find something that we need.  So the problem is finding something desirable in the need category.  For the motorhome we drive 70 MPH generally on a trip but in order to tow at 70 MPH we need a Jeep basically.  Love the Jeep Grand Cherokees but the fuel economy for every day driving leaves a lot to be desired.  4WD Jeeps have a transfer case that can be put in neutral to allow the wheels to free spin without engaging the transmission.  There are several options on the market that are not Jeep as well that can be flat towed but then you are typically speed limited to 60 or 65 MPH and you are engaging the transmission with the engine turned off. Normally the vehicle has to be running to circulate the trans oil but some newer models are designed to circulate oil without the engine running.  You just have to maintain a certain speed and then start up the towed vehicle basically every fuel stop to refresh the trans oil.

JOY!!!