Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Oh I agree Van. He should just do it and then tell everyone. They sure don't need a big party Etc

Marjorie

Crew_Dawg

Good morning peeps!  Yes, it's true that I think there is a sweet spot time to be a lieutenant and I am past that part.  I even feel weird when a senior master sergeant calls me "sir", when 5 months ago I would be calling him sir.  Other awkward moments are having "mentoring" sessions with my instructor who is ten years younger than I am.  It has to be tactful yet direct, ugh  My maintenance background often trumps the instructor's knowledge of the weapon system on many  aspects.  Missiles are almost 95% the same as airplanes regarding command and control, as well as parts and practices.  The 5% is mostly the "super spooky stuff" and all the dang security involved.

Running wise it's been getting better still, so thats still positive.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Docket_Rocket

It will get better, neil.

I had a nice run.  Not great because the headwind was making me slow, but a very nice one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sounds complicated Doug.  Good luck on the hunt.

Marjorie, that would be ideal, Ha.

Neil, it's always tough adjusting to new conditions.  Just keep swimming.

Damaris, it's good when those come around.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Yoohoo.  Quiet thread today.  I'm on the night shift this weekend.  Blah.  It's ok if I get enough sleep, but I'm not, and my allergies have turned into a full blown cold.  Meh.  Hopefully it passes in normal time.  Have a good remainder of the weekend folks.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

From the race today, almost done here.

Great pic!

Crew_Dawg

Get better Van

Nice pic Doug

Have my first LR today from not doing those in a looong time.  Hope it goes well.

Docket_Rocket

Great pic.  Looking good too, Doug!

Van, sorry about the night shift.

Neil, hope the run goes well.

I ran the advanced trail at the park (super technical trail).  Nice run in the woods.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi folks. Relaxing after a long week of running and a 21.5 run today.

Marjorie

Good day friends!

Crew_Dawg

Successful 12 miler today, and have been doing chores with beer in hand.  Life ain't too bad today, but I am bummed that our test launch has been cancelled due to "political" reasons.  Sad

I think I need a nap.  Zzzzz.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Today was 1 of those days I did not want to go run but I did anyways since I knew I needed to get my run in.

12 easy miles in about 2 hours, nothing earth shattering.  Tried out my new shirt  for the long run as well.  Same shirt as in the pic.  Brooks short sleeve from the local running store.  Extra Mile Fitness which explains the EXMI label on the left chest.

Oh and the RR is up from Ringing In Spring

Crew_Dawg

My first tech shirt I got five years ago from a LRS and I still have it and use it every so often.  I only bring that up because I used it today and it's my old trusty shirt Smile

I have acquired and rid of many shirts since then, now it's like wearing a badge of honor.