Beginners and Beyond

Too much to talk about Tuesday Penguins! (Read 36 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Tori, way to go!  Ummm..NCLEX?  Sounds like some nasty contagion thing...  Wink   Dang, oncology nurse,I admire you for that!  That can be tough, I bet, and sometimes probably very heart-rending, seeing what all those patients are going through.

HsM, way to rock your presentation!

Impressed that you can wear Newtons, Jack.  I am WAAAY to fat for those things to support me, lol.  Good luck with them!

Congrats on your tempo run, Zelanie? Your DD has a robot?  Can you teach it to do housework?  Joking

Or, Lauren, jump in the pool, if you are at a gym.  Will both refresh and give your legs a 'shakeout' at the same time.

Ahhh, asthma, okay, Damaris. I was thinking maybe you had a touch of the flu or something.

Nice to snuggle in, SheCan, on those cold, winter-wonderland days.  Wait till the snow is all gone for you to run again.  That will be, what, about...August where you are?  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

congrats tori!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Fixing to go for a walk instead of a swim.  I can't seem to get my timing down for swimming!  I got derailed by a fire alarm, and then we have a grad student running some samples in our lab, and I don't want to be gone when my tech needs to leave, which would leave the student here by herself.  So, a walk it is!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

WTG, Tori, congratulations!  It's so nice that all your hard work has paid off.  Enjoy your movie tonight.

Hopesmom- Yay@ rocking your seminar!

And I wanted to apologize.  I guess I don't always have to throw my opinion out there.  No offense intended.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

Cherie, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm sure you're forgiven!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Hehe, Scotty, I'm in south Arizona, and the snow is almost all gone now.  But I'm clean, and it's still cold, so it's still a rest day!   Enjoy your warm afternoon run!

Thanks Hopesmom!  It wasn't a big deal, I just really don't want to be rude--- sometimes I just am, when I shouldn't be.  *yikes!*

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Scotty - I actually did last night! Didn't do a whole lot of swimming but I did learn to put my face in the water without panicking Smile

Legs feel less stiff post-gym time today, but I'm glad I decided to give them the day off from running. Don't all scold me, but according to my Garmin yesterday was 4.6 miles with nearly 2 miles of intervals at sub-8:00 pace Surprised I didn't look at the details yesterday, I just knew it was over 4 miles total. No wonder my body hates me. I'll count my blessings if my shins are good tomorrow and I'll scale it back a little at next Monday's workout. ~2 mile easy runs planned for tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Tori!!!! I know how that feels!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Nurse Tori !!!  Wink

Dollar Tree is fine for a $1 valentines card (make that 50 cents) and mylar balloons.  I was kidding about getting flowers there.   I'll go to the grocery store for roses, instead of paying $75 at the florist.

Philliefan33

Congratulations Tori!

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats Tori, that's awesome!!

4.5 easy miles for me today, never found my groove, but at least I made it out the door and got some miles in. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Congrats Tori!