Beginners and Beyond

Merry Christmas, Penguins 2012 (Read 174 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)ClownClownClown

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Merry Christmas to all.. I am posting this from work but it's a short day.. 4-5 hrs to support the region.

Ran 7M w/ 7x100 strides in the morning with gloomy weather and it rained heavily in the wee hours..My modified pfitzinger plans has officially started now.. Trying to paste here.. Not sure if you guys can see..

<col style="width: 33pt;" width="44" /> <col style="width: 42pt;" width="56" /> <col style="width: 118pt;" width="157" /> <col style="width: 169pt;" width="225" /> <col style="width: 170pt;" width="226" /> <col style="width: 143pt;" width="191" /> <col style="width: 70pt;" width="93" /> <col style="width: 83pt;" width="111" /> <col style="width: 68pt;" width="91" /> <col style="width: 29pt;" width="38" /> <col style="width: 72pt;" width="96" /> <col style="width: 43pt;" width="57" /> <col style="width: 29pt;" width="38" /> <col style="width: 149pt;" width="198" />
      Week Starting Mon Tue Wed  Thu Fri Sat Sun Total Weeks to goal      
      1 24-Dec 7M w/ 10 x100 Rest 7M 5M Rest 10M  Recover 4M 33 13     Endurance
      2 31-Dec 6M Rest LT 7M w/3 @ 15K Recover 7M Rest 11M 6M 37 12   12%  
      3 07-Jan 7M w/ 10 x100 Rest LT 8M w/4 @ 15K Recover 7M Rest 12M 7M 41 11   11%  
      4 14-Jan LT 8M w/4 @ 15K Rest Recover 6M 10M Rest 13M  Recover 7M 44 10   7%  
      5 21-Jan 6M Rest 8M w/ 8x100 stride Recover 6M Rest 10M 6M 36 9 Cutback -18%  
      6 28-Jan LT 10M w/5 @ 15K Rest Recover 6M 11M Rest 7M w/ 8 x100 14M 48 8   33% Lactate Threshold + Endurance
      7 04-Feb Rest LT 11M w/6 @ 15K Recover 7M 12M Rest 15M  Recover 7M 52 7   8%  
      8 11-Feb 10M w/ 10 x100 Rest LT 10M w/5 @ 15K Recover 10M Rest 14M w/8 @ goal  Recover 7M 51 6   -2%  
      9 18-Feb VO2 8M w/ 4x800 @ 5K Rest 13M 9M 4M w/ 6 x100 Rest 10K + 10M LR 51 5   0%  
      10 25-Feb Rest VO2 8M w/ 5 x 800 @ 5K, 90s jog Recover 5M w/ 6 x100 10M Rest 13M 7M 43 4 Cutback -16% Race Preparation
      11 04-Mar Rest VO2 8M w/ 4 x 1200 @ 5K, 2min jog Recover 7M 13M Rest 15M 8M 51 3   19%  
      12 11-Mar Rest VO2 10M w/ 5 x 800 @ 5K, 90s jog Recover 5M 10M Rest 15M 8M 48 2   -6%  
      13 18-Mar Rest 7M w/ 8 x100 VO2 8M w/ 3x1600 @ 5K, 2min jog Recover 4M w/6x100m stride Rest 10M 5M 34 1   -29% Taper and race
      14 25-Mar Recovery 6M Rest Dress rehearsal 6M w/2M @ goal Recover 4M w/6x100m stride Recover 4M Rest 2XU 20 Race week   -41%  

My shift started at 4pm and I have some time to do Dim Sum with DS and DW.. Catch a 40 winks and bought myself a warm Cafe Mocha from Starbuck..

Everyone have a good day..!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Merry Christmas Penguins!

Today is resting and feasting!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to run 5 recovery miles with the running group.

bin running, I cannot wait to see your training develop!

Gustav, how's the foot?  Enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin  I hope you have an easy day at work! And that you can enjoy today with your family! That training plan looka fierce, good luck!!

gustav- happy feasting!

Damaris- enjoy your 5 miles with the group this morning!

afm- I get to finally open my new Saucony proglide 3 today, probably going for a few miles to try them out! Can't wait

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Merry Christmas, Penguins!!!

I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas day!

Much love you to all for your outstanding support and love for everyone on this site!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Damaris - the foot is not doing so good. Today is the worst it's been in a while. I cut the grass for the last time yesterday and that involves a lot of foot and ankle action on uneven terrain. I also stopped doing home rehab with therabands and stretching as it was sore the next day - although my "rehab" soreness doesn't bother me so much because sometimes that happens After a PT type workout. I have to wait until 2013 to see the doc - he's a sports podiatrist .

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.1 miles done this fine Tuesday morning.  Now to spend the rest of the day with family, trying to not out eat my morning run Undecided

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wink

Merry Christmas Penguins.   Cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  RD for me today, not really.

hog4life

Bin, thank for the start, I can see the plan and it looks good.

Damaris, enjoy the run.

Tori, have a wonderful day, you're so sweet, thanks.

Kristi, I love the first run in new shoes, enjoy.

AFM, I will have a houseful today, I plan on "sneaking" out for an easy run before the rain gets here. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Mitch

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I will check in later it's presents time Smile hope everyone who celebrates has a very merry christmas! Can't wait to hear about the running related things Santa brought you all, and other good presents too!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I still have a lot of cooking and party prep to do, but I've cut out my run today.

The knee is not feeling quite right this morning.  The fact that it came back after two short runs tells me that I probably need more than one rest day to get it right.  So, I'm going to lay off until I start my HM training next Monday.  If I have issues after that, then I might need to see the doctor, but I'm pretty sure I just need to ice, rest, etc.  It was pretty optimistic to think that 1 rest day after 28 straight days of running would get me back to 100%.  Cross training it is!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Hoping he can tell you what's going on.  It does not sound like what you initially thought.

Damaris - the foot is not doing so good. Today is the worst it's been in a while. I cut the grass for the last time yesterday and that involves a lot of foot and ankle action on uneven terrain. I also stopped doing home rehab with therabands and stretching as it was sore the next day - although my "rehab" soreness doesn't bother me so much because sometimes that happens After a PT type workout. I have to wait until 2013 to see the doc - he's a sports podiatrist .

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

REST!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I still have a lot of cooking and party prep to do, but I've cut out my run today.

The knee is not feeling quite right this morning.  The fact that it came back after two short runs tells me that I probably need more than one rest day to get it right.  So, I'm going to lay off until I start my HM training next Monday.  If I have issues after that, then I might need to see the doctor, but I'm pretty sure I just need to ice, rest, etc.  It was pretty optimistic to think that 1 rest day after 28 straight days of running would get me back to 100%.  Cross training it is!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

One Half So Far

Happy holiday, everyone!

Got in 8.5 miles at 9:18 pace yesterday.  Last long run before 10K next Tuesday.  Goal time for 10K is 54:something.

Take care!

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.