Beginners and Beyond

Sweet Monday Penguins (Read 9 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

Sweet Potato Day

PADRunner

An hour on the spin bike this morning. Try to make the gym tonight.

Docket_Rocket

I do like sweet potatoes!

I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I'll do the 6-8 I was supposed to do yesterday.  Instead we had a lovely 6 mile hike in the state forest.

Singer who runs a smidge

Crazy busy with chorus competition aftermath and catching up with work.  Competition went well -- we scored the same as last year, but all agree we put a better performance on stage.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so I think things have calmed down a little.  Here's the whirlwind:

I got an email two days before competition asking if my husband was coming, so that he could handle all the backstage stuff.  Seriously, two days??  So I ended up working backstage as well, and roping in members of my chorus (since we weren't competing) to help with lights, awards, people with mobility issues, etc.  We decided that without my chorus, the competition wouldn't have happened!!

My alien skit and tinfoil hat were quite a hit!  For the rest of the weekend, people were constantly saying either "Love the hat!" or "Where's your hat??"

I got pulled over on my way home from work Wednesday night for expired license plate tags.  I had no idea they'd expired, because I hadn't received a renewal notice.  After much searching and a trip to the DMV Thursday morning, we discovered that we hadn't gotten a notice because the DMV somehow had no record of my license plates' existence.  I could've had an untraceable getaway car!!  So we took DH's car to competition and got new plates for mine this morning.  No word yet on whether they'll cancel the ticket, but I'm not hopeful.  Still, it's worth a phone call.

My mom is having a hip replacement surgery next Monday, so we're going to go down for a week or so to help out.  We'll leave Wednesday, figuring she'll be out of the hospital by then.  So if I go dark next week, that's why!!  She's in quite a bit of pain, so although she's a little nervous about the surgery, she's also REALLY looking forward to it!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Sheesh, Hope!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page