Beginners and Beyond

For your reading pleasure; SaturDAILIES! (Read 31 times)

LRB

'Sup!

Speed work.

You?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Run with hubby and heavy weights tonight.  My twisted foot is achy so we will see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Memorial service this AM for a great man, great artist, great runner who died last week after 76 years of contributing good to the world.

Maybe a short run later in his honor.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Zelanie

Morning!  I wimped out and just ran on the hotel TM last night and this morning.  It's the same on that my gym in Costa Rica had, so that was sort of fun.  Except the panel was in English- I should have switched it!  Flying out in a bit.

LRB- Good luck with the speedwork!

D- Hope the foot feels better after you've been up for a while.

Bluesky- Sorry for the loss of your friend.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now puppy pool. Then we take the pups for their annual pics with Santa.

Marjorie

delicate flower

'Morning!  7 on the treadmill done.  Easy on the legs, torture on the mind.  My TM tolerance is lacking right now.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Memorial service this AM for a great man, great artist, great runner who died last week after 76 years of contributing good to the world.

Maybe a short run later in his honor.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3 miles outside. Ah, that's the stuff.

Dave

LRB

3 miles outside. Ah, that's the shit.

FYP 

LRB

5 x 1k done.

It was ugly.  

delicate flower

3 miles outside. Ah, that's the stuff.

Today's dailies champion.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Today's dailies champion.

Agreed.

Hi Daylees.

6 hilly miles are done. That was the easy part... Now I "get" to drag all the Christmas stuff out and spend most of the day setting it up with the girls. That is the hard part. At least I will spend the night getting fat. Some good friends are having their annual bash and there is always a LOT of food and adult beverages.

Have a nice day.

outoftheblue

SRD.   Getting ready to drive over to Sacramento to check into the hotel and go to the expo.  The weather for the race looks perfect.   Trying to think positive thoughts and get my nerves under control.  I'm not sure I've ever been this nervous before a race before.

Life is good.

LRB

SRD.   Getting ready to drive over to Sacramento to check into the hotel and go to the expo.  The weather for the race looks perfect.   Trying to think positive thoughts and get my nerves under control.  I'm not sure I've ever been this nervous before a race before.

Understandable, it happens as your goals get more aggressive and the stage bigger. But the confidence to apply yourself grows right along with it so look at it this way; nothing is going to happen that you have not mentally prepared yourself for. Good or bad.

StepbyStep-SH

3.1 miles in a slow 35:02, but seeing my 8-year-old run every step of the way and finish smiling was worth it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.