Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - It could be worse. (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.2 excellent miles.  It was low 50s with light rain, and I loved it.  I'll call it my LR for the week.

Have a non-suck Monday!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, apparently I left my lunch at home by accident, so it's a fun day already.  25 trainer miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Whadaya say there, chuckos!  It's a Monday swim and run day and I got the first part of that done already.  Just need to plow through this workday so I can get the other part done.  Yay, last day of winter!  I'm coming out of a winter a faster runner than when I went into it.  I'm very happy about that.

<3

delicate flower

I've got my goal HM for the season coming up Saturday.  The too-early-to-count-on weather forecast says 32 degrees, sunny, light breeze.  It honestly feels like a year since I've had awesome racing weather like that.  I sure as hell hope it holds.

<3

I've got my goal HM for the season coming up Saturday.  The too-early-to-count-on weather forecast says 32 degrees, sunny, light breeze.  It honestly feels like a year since I've had awesome racing weather like that.  I sure as hell hope it holds.

I also hope it's the correct distance!

Dave

delicate flower

I also hope it's the correct distance!

I got 13.16 on the Garmin last year and missed sub-90 by 14 seconds.  Hmph.

<3

onemile

I got 13.16 on the Garmin last year and missed sub-90 by 14 seconds.  Hmph.

Your Saturday run was at your PR pace for 10 miles so you should be in for a huge PR!

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 8.2 excellent miles.  It was low 50s with light rain, and I loved it.  I'll call it my LR for the week.

That works. 👍

LRB

Will the MBC or the Oskis be joining in on the fun?

delicate flower

Your Saturday run was at your PR pace for 10 miles so you should be in for a huge PR!

Hope so.  The middle five miles are hilly and I've been neglecting the hill training lately, so I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Will the MBC or the Oskis be joining in on the fun?

Nope.  Wife is working and Oski has a trail race.

<3

LRB

Hope so.  The middle five miles are hilly and I've been neglecting the hill training lately, so I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

Nope.  Wife is working and Oski has a trail race.

Excellent, now you won't have to share the lime. Just kick butt then do some baskin' 👍

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

With regard to the GPS watch having trouble in the NYC Half Marathon yesterday, I had similar problems.  I got credit for running a mile faster than I ever have before, and at one point I was running a 4:15 pace.  The track on the map is a squiggly line where 42nd St. and 7th Ave are straight.  I'm fairly sure it has to do with GPS signals bouncing off of glass-clad office towers and making it hard for the watch to know where it really is.  I had the same issue a couple years ago running a waterfront half - where the course ran past some office towers, the Garmin map showed me running in the Hudson River.

I got "credit" for running 13.69, which is more than my watch usually shows for a half.

I agree with the previous poster that the course for the NYC Half was a good one.  As a NJ resident, the effort to get there by start time will probably keep me from coming back, but I say that today.  Who knows how I'll feel next year?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

sdWhiskers

4 miles easy including strides. Unremarkable otherwise.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yep, GPS can go haywire in the city.  This was on the opposite side of Central Park.  I got a 4:12 split on the 13th mile, lol.  I figured I was near some top secret government laboratory, but Fred is probably right.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours